Replies

• kbean33
    kbean33 Posts: 50
    Options
    bump
  • kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I cut mine into even pieces, then in a bowl, add a tea spoon olive oil, a teaspoon of paprika salt and pepper. Put the potato into the bowl and shake to coat

Bake in the oven at a hight temp until just catching on the edges. NOM
  • madsniper9
    madsniper9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cut and then soak the fires in water for a few hours. It reduces the starch and helps them bake better and crispier.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Slice them like fries, soak them to remove some of the starch, put in a bowl, add olive oil, salt, pepper, cayenne bake. Toss until coated. Put on a foil lined baking sheet that is sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 400-425 until desired crispiness.
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    I like to get the bagged pre-cut sweet potatoes in the produce dept (Safeway often has them 2 for $5.00). I toss them in EVOO, sea salt and chili powder. Bake at 400 for 20-25 min, watching and turning.
  • DownHillCrusg
    DownHillCrusg Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    bump for later
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    bump
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    How long do you cook them? Can you put cinnamon and splenda on them before you cook them?

Splenda?!?! they are SWEET potatoes, no need to add chemicals or any other sweetener
  • watchmelose2
    watchmelose2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Rachael Ray has a great recipe! Google it! They turn out better when you dip or brush them with egg whites before you bake them and put some Tony's seasoning on them! Yummy! :drinker: Enjoy!5369216.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I burnt mine the one and only time I tried to make them...cut them too thin and forgot about them for a few minutes too long!
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    I love my sweet potato fries...

First, I cut them into fry shape. Next, I rinse them under cold water (this washes off some of the starch) and then pat them dry. Beat together 1 egg white and cinnamon and coat the fries. I bake mine at 400 for about 12 minutes (depending on the thickness).

You can add whatever seasoning you like, but I love cinnamon with sweet potatoes. Using the beaten egg white is key - it makes the fries crispy on the outside like a fry should be!
  • watchmelose2
    Options
    Splenda makes you crave carbs! It's not good for you!
  • KristaPetraitis
    KristaPetraitis Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • watchmelose2
    Options
    These are the BEST and easiest!!!! I cheat too!

I cheat...

http://www.alexiafoods.com/products/fries/sweet-potato-julienne-fries

... and they are awesome :)
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I make these weekly. Learn from experience people...

Use fresh sweet taters. Cooking is mental / psychological as well as nutritional. Peeling and cutting is good zen time :)
    It's important that you maintain a constant thickness lest they cook unequally.

Put them in a big mixing bowl or gallon size ziploc bag. Put some grapeseed or EVOO in there. Stir, shake, whatever you need to do to get them coated. You use less oil this way as opposed to oiling them on the baking sheet where half the oil doesn't even touch a fry. Also, I have tried every oil imaginable. Best in order: grapeseed, EVOO, coconut, bacon fat... don't use nasty vegetable oils.

Season simple. Choose one: Garlic powder. Old Bay, Seasoning Salt. Sweet taters carry a lot of good natural flavor on their own, don't take that away.

Temp doesn't matter, 350, 400, 425, it only effects time. If dinner will take a while to cook, do 350. If you are in a hurry, 425.
    Toss or flip once to get an even bake.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    bump