Had to recheck the measuring tape! Lifting heavy works!

Options

Replies

• Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You look great. I just started the program last week and am liking it a lot.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    wow
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Nice!! Gotta love heavy lifting! Your looking great!
  • amazon22152
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration!:happy:
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Jonnelle06 and ash190489:

As I said above, I'm following the New Rules of Lifting for Women. I'm still at Stage 1 but at the moment I'm using the following weights:

Squats 50kg (110lb)
    Lunges 50kg (110lb)
    Deadlifts 30kg (66lb)
    Dumbell Shoulder Presses - 5kg each arm (11lb each arm)
    Seated row - 25kg (55lb)
    Step up - Body weight plus 5kg dumb-bells in each hand (11lb each arm)

I'm slowing building each of them up :)

I started with this last week. Excellent results so far!

Oh and you need a shorter dress to show off those legs!
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hey summer827 - obviously it varied depending on how active I was being. Over that month the most I ate was 2500 and the least I ate was ~1800.

I managed to lose my fitbit yesterday so while I wait to find it or for a new one to arrive, I'm eating at 1800 cals plus exercise calories.

ARRRRGHHHHH! as losing Fitbit! I would be so lost without mine now! Hope you find it! You look fantastic, btw!
  • ARMom8251
    ARMom8251 Posts: 194
    Options
    This is wonderful...I have been thinking about doing this and buying the book. The only thing is I don't have a gym close to me(I live in the sticks lol), so I am kind of debating on whether I should just go ahead and get this book and try it at home, but you look super amazing...job well done!
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You look amazing!!! You weight range is close to mine (me being heavier) and this is inspiring!! Thank you for posting!
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I would NEVER guess you weigh 160lbs
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) This is my second go at NROLW. First time around I only did two sessions because I went too heavy too quick and was so sore I couldn't continue. I haven't done any one rep max's... I assume the concept being you do one rep of the heaviest weight you can? The gym's free weight barbells only go up to 40kg which was what I planned to try next. I'm sure one of the other machines would allow me to go heavier but I haven't figure out which one :)

Yeah correct :) obviously warm up to it though. My best so far is 135kg dead. I was pumped when I got to 100 lol but have made steady progress.

Surely you can add weight to them yeah? Or are they are per set bars and you can't change them? Weird!

I'm terrible at squats, I do front squats at the moment at 40kg cause I really do suck at rears. Hoping this will help strength and hip mobility before going to rear squats. The weight isn't the issue but want to make sure my form is correct before jamming weight on.

You look great by the way and you can def tell the difference lifting is making!
  • cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Yes they are bars with set weights on them. It's a 24 hour a day gym so they limit the free weights so people don't hurt themselves when no one is around. I'm thinking about hiring a PT for a few sessions to assess my technique because like you, I want to be doing the moves properly before I do them with heavier weights.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    you look great!
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!!
  • TNGURL
    TNGURL Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great work girl!!
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    awesome results!
  • carolyn3572
    Options
    I started stage one this week! I have done work a and b each one time. I am doing about 30 minutes of cardio work 4-5 times a week. Are you following the meal plan offered in the book or just tracking calories?

I love it so far!
  • cartea01
    Options
    I'm tracking my calories but I am aiming for 30% protein like the book suggests.
  • lgomez75
    lgomez75 Posts: 115
    Options
    I just started yesterday and after a few months of hardcore cardio it felt werird to do weights and then just leave the gym.
    i did ride bike in the am (pulling my 27lb 20 month old)...but today I get to workout ...so I will spin.

Im very much looking forward to tomorrow - I love those exercises!! But I loathe pushups...ew!!!

As for the diet...I use some of the meals/snacks as suggestions when I get bored of what I cook.

Im stoked. I will be investing in some gloves. My poor hands!!
  • carolyn3572
    Options
    Your results are inspiring! Thanks for posting them here.

I am doing measurements and pictures tonight (YUCK).

So far I have lost 40lbs, (before NROLFW) but recently (despite going to the gym 5-6 days a week) things have slowed down. I am sure this is just what I need. I read the whole book first and I am still excited to do this. Loved how i felt after the first two workouts and I am looking forward to number three. I do get a little intimidated at the gym, around the weights, but so far I have overcome it. Plus a friend of mine (longtime lifter) is there to guide me through stuff.
  • cartea01
    Options
    So for those who asked, here are my photos from this morning in the same outfit as January.

January
    d7864360.jpg
    7d704bc6.jpg
    259da125.jpg

Today
    cad5f49f.jpg
    74dee48d.jpg
    1961a4b9.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!