Anyone ever use the Striiv or Fitbit Ultra HRM?!

Options
Just trying to figure out which one is best. If you have had one, what did you like.. or not like?!

Replies

• CRSE1214
    CRSE1214 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Funny, I was just thinking the same thing Polar FT4 vs. Fitbit?
  • heatherldietrich
    Options
    I use the Fitbit Ultra, but it's not a HRM. It tracks your steps, stairs, calories and sleep patterns, but not your heart rate. I like it though, it's great to track your real activity.
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Bump. I have been thinking about a Fitbit and wondering if it's really worth it if I already track everything on MFP.
  • Courtneycms88
    Courtneycms88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use a Fitbit. I bought it about a week ago, and have enjoyed it so far. I wanted to see where I could add in more exercise such as walking and it has been a great tool. When you upload the information to the fitbit website it has a great bar chart showing you where you were active. So now I see even though I walk a bit a work, I need to start finding more reasons to walk. I eventually will purchase another HRM but for now I wanted to focus on overall activity instead of just when I am at the gym.
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My polar FT4 arrived today! I'm thrilled already :D
  • heatherldietrich
    Options
    Right now it's still in beta testing, but they've got programming worked out so that MFP and Fitbit talk, and Fitbit will adjust your exercise level based on your workout. So, for example, if you log 30 minutes of running to MFP and it gives you 300 calories, your Fitbit will adjust it up if you actually worked harder. It doesn't adjust down if it calculates youv'e burned less, but overall it's pretty awesome. For food logging, you just keep logging everything here as you normally would, and it populates the information on Fitbit.
  • isys5
    isys5 Posts: 213
    Options
    I just got my FitBit but am leary to try it out as I found out if you try it out you can't return it. The more I read about it the more it seems like a highend pedometer (which is great if that is what you are looking for). It seems really cool for adding more activity into your day.

But I am wondering if it really tracks what you burn during a workout like TurboFire where there is a lot of arm movement and not necessarily steps or walking/running. I want something to accurately measure the calorie burn for workouts specifically so now wondering if this is the best option?

Does anyone know if it is accurate to calculate calories for TurboFire type workouts?
  • Gshields42
    Options
    I just got my FitBit but am leary to try it out as I found out if you try it out you can't return it. The more I read about it the more it seems like a highend pedometer (which is great if that is what you are looking for). It seems really cool for adding more activity into your day.

But I am wondering if it really tracks what you burn during a workout like TurboFire where there is a lot of arm movement and not necessarily steps or walking/running. I want something to accurately measure the calorie burn for workouts specifically so now wondering if this is the best option?

Does anyone know if it is accurate to calculate calories for TurboFire type workouts?

At the end of the day, it is a pedometer. It does an incredible job for what it is, but there are limitations built in. I'm not sure what TurboFire is, but if it involves a lot of activities on the floor (crunches, pushups, etc), lifting or strength exercises, or anything involving water it is probably not going to do well at tracking it.

The great thing about the FB is it encourages the general activity throughout the day (as opposed to a big push at the gym). It gives you the little pushes to increase your overall activity, and you find yourself changing your behavior in small ways to increase activity. I highly recommend it, but if you are looking for, essentially, an HRM for gym type activities it probably isn't the best choice. Get it anyway! :)
  • heatherldietrich
    Options

At the end of the day, it is a pedometer. It does an incredible job for what it is, but there are limitations built in. I'm not sure what TurboFire is, but if it involves a lot of activities on the floor (crunches, pushups, etc), lifting or strength exercises, or anything involving water it is probably not going to do well at tracking it.

The great thing about the FB is it encourages the general activity throughout the day (as opposed to a big push at the gym). It gives you the little pushes to increase your overall activity, and you find yourself changing your behavior in small ways to increase activity. I highly recommend it, but if you are looking for, essentially, an HRM for gym type activities it probably isn't the best choice. Get it anyway! :)

I agree! I find myself jumping around for no real reason or running places just to increase my activity level. It's a good motivator.
  • isys5
    isys5 Posts: 213
    Options
    lol yes I got it anyway but wondering if I should send it back and get something like BodyBug. TurboFire is a lot of punches, jumping & kicking so it may track ok but hard to tell without trying it and I would rather put the $100 towards something that does. I had planned on buying it and trying it and if it does not work returning it but the fine print says you can't return it if you have installed the software (ie tried it) argh :(
  • bbachrac
    bbachrac Posts: 2
    Options
    Striiv is definitely great. I never move without it and it is a great motivator.
    www.striiv.com New enhancements coming soon.:heart:
  • hazelsmrf
    hazelsmrf Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I really wanted a Striiv, unfortunately they won't sell to Canada yet boooooo. I would have bought one from Ebay or something but decided against it because of possible warranty issues, so I got a Fitbit instead. I
  • bbachrac
    bbachrac Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes Striiv is great and available at Best Buy and Amazon.
    I have lost 30 pounds since I started using it.
  • Sanya77
    Sanya77 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I like striiv too. I had iphone app, I keep on walking as it keeps on challenging me. But really I have added 5 friends and by the end of day I want to see myself on top of friend list for highest walker. We also challenge each other. There is walkathon also in there, it provides one day of clean water to a child (no cost to us). but we have to walk. I just love striiv