CALLING BODYROCKERS

Options
Hello, I have been using bodyrock.tv for about 4 months so in love with it! Love Lisa and sean and freddy!! I just wanted to see if there are any other bodyrockers out there. I love seeing people using the site because it has done so much for me. I would love some people that i could hear the opinions on the workouts if you did any modifications.

Replies

• MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    is it better/comparable to Power 90 or P90x?
  • pachamb
    pachamb Posts: 52
    Options
    I have never done p90x I have read and heard things about it but I would be a good person to answer that. Bodyrock is high intensity interval training there work outs are short and sweet they do 12min workouts 3 days a week and rep challenges the other days and the rep challenges are brutal. They are the best 12 mins of my life though and if i really push myself and most day I do I sweat more and work harder in those 12mins then i do with anything else. Bodyrock has been the key to my weight loss so far and I swear by it.
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm a bodyrocker! I did the January challenge.... mixed it up a bit for Feb & March. I've committed myself to Insanity now for the next 6 weeks. I like that they are quick workouts and that they are free. I don't like that Lisa had a boob job. Booo! And, I also enjoy following along with a video rather than doing the workouts after viewing the demo. I did see a lot of progress in my strength though after that January challenge month.
  • haleyechurch
    haleyechurch Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    To answer your question about Bodyrock as opposed to P90X - no they are nothing alike.

P90X is anywhere from a 50-90 minute weight or cardio workout (90 min only for yoga) per day, whereas Bodyrock relies on the HIIT style principles (High Intensity Interval Training). They are totally different workouts but both of them work (I have done both). I think it depends on what style works best for you - do you like moderate intensity exercise for a longer duration? Or do you like to go you-know-what to the wall for a shorter duration? Answering that, answers which of these is best for you :)
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I don't like that Lisa had a boob job.

I just popped into the channel and I'm like I don't remember those.

Zuzana the former girl has her own channel, ZuzkaLight
    Basically same stuff I think.
  • tenunderfour
    Options
    I don't like that Lisa had a boob job.

I just popped into the channel and I'm like I don't remember those.

Zuzana the former girl has her own channel, ZuzkaLight
    Basically same stuff I think.

With the lips, hair extensions, and boobs... Lisa is morphing into Zuzana! Freddy must like only one type. :ohwell:
  • EPhinn
    EPhinn Posts: 119 Member
    Options

With the lips, hair extensions, and boobs... Lisa is morphing into Zuzana! Freddy must like only one type. :ohwell:

Was totally thinking the same thing. After I saw her with the extensions I was thinking, I think she's trying to look like Zuzana.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Only problem i have with this site is the fact that i dont have a sandbag and refuse to pay so much money for a bag of sand.
  • tenunderfour
    Options
    I found one (sandbag, that is ) for $30 at ****s Sporting Goods.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options

what about the racks and pull up bars and dip stations?
  • pachamb
    pachamb Posts: 52
    Options

Pull up bar is like 20 dollars at you local walmart. I know ****s has a dip station but i think its around 50-100 bucks still kinda pricy if you ask me but I am a poor college kid so yah know. I use a duffel bag with bags of flour as my sandbag of course it would be nice to have the real thing.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

Just mod the exercises... I do and still had gotten great results.
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options

Exactly. I use hand weights for sandbag (or nothing at all sometimes and you still get a great workout), I use my coffee table for tricep dips, a bench for step-ups, and my kitchen table for the reverse pull-ups. You can also do bentover rows or I have bands that my fiancee bought for P90x that work the same muscles as the reverse pull-ups. Worse comes to worse I just do a lot of mountain climbers and push ups to get my heart rate up.
  • klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm a bodyrocker! I did the January challenge.... mixed it up a bit for Feb & March. I've committed myself to Insanity now for the next 6 weeks. I like that they are quick workouts and that they are free. I don't like that Lisa had a boob job. Booo! And, I also enjoy following along with a video rather than doing the workouts after viewing the demo. I did see a lot of progress in my strength though after that January challenge month.

This has been my problem with starting Bodyrock...I want to do the workouts but find it challenging to do them on my own after watching the demo. I'd rather workout along with the video.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

Exactly. I use hand weights for sandbag (or nothing at all sometimes and you still get a great workout), I use my coffee table for tricep dips, a bench for step-ups, and my kitchen table for the reverse pull-ups. You can also do bentover rows or I have bands that my fiancee bought for P90x that work the same muscles as the reverse pull-ups. Worse comes to worse I just do a lot of mountain climbers and push ups to get my heart rate up.

Yup, I do bent over rows for reverse pull ups. use dumbbells, kettlebells and medicine balls for weights because my husband had them in the house. If not, a few pairs of dumbbells works or milk jugs with water. Tricep dips are done on my ottoman, and step ups are done with a two steps step stool, which work great.

In the beginning, it took some getting used to... to watch the demo and remember the exercises. But now that I am familiar with the workouts, sometimes I can just read the name and know what to do. I also find that not following a video let me push harder on the exercises. Try it a few times. You might like it.
  • Abevemi
    Abevemi Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have been bodyrocking for 2 months now, and have noticed a difference with muscle tone already, I love the brutal quick workouts!!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    For everyone who's said they'd rather do the workouts along with a video, try ZWOW on youtube. Those videos are done by Zuzana, who WAS bodyrock. Now that she's gone, it's not bodyrock anymore. They can keep calling it the same thing but it's definitely lost something.

Someone said they didn't want to pay for a sandbag. Mine is a nike duffel I got on clearance, filled with bags of rice. It works.

The person who doesn't like that Lisa had a boob job, I thought it was a little weird too. He's definitely behind this. I think Freddy is really manipulative and controlling and I don't care how that sounds. I like a bit of gossip. :)

To the OP try a message board search for "bodyrock" and see what happens. I know there are a lot of people on this site who use bodyrock.tv.
  • ltosoni
    ltosoni Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have been using bodyrock.tv for about 4 months so in love with it! Love Lisa and sean and freddy!! I just wanted to see if there are any other bodyrockers out there. I love seeing people using the site because it has done so much for me. I would love some people that i could hear the opinions on the workouts if you did any modifications.

I love BR, I have been doing it over 2 years now and still going strong, its the only workouts I do and get great results, I was a little sad when all the changes happened with Zuzana but gotten over it and moved on to keeping up with the great workouts they put out.
    You can add me as a friend if you like!
  • clg1963
    clg1963 Posts: 4
    Options
    i do body rock. started with Feb challenge, i never thought i would lose my belly fat, but its going away, only a little left and will be good, i love the workouts, 12 minutes and you feel awesome, its hard but it doesnt take up a long time to do. so far so good!!