Judge My Eating Habit

binkyb00
binkyb00 Posts: 81 Member
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
Hey guys,

It's almost 2 weeks now since I started eating healthier. The first week I excercised, but this week I'm so busy that I haven't had time to go to the gym :( But so far I've noticed I'm loosing 2 pounds each week, YaY!

But I do have one concern and it's my eating habit. For the last two weeks my eating usually consist of a fruit for breakfast. I'm always in a hurry at work that I don't have time to really eat a good breakfast. Sometimes I'd just drink a V8 if I forget to bring my fruit to work.

For lunch I'd eat a sandwhich. Usually I just eat wheat bread with turkey, ham, or some kind of deli slice with it and some mayo. I've also added one fruit for my lunch. For snacks I eat one small mini chocolate, or another different fruit and anything I can find in the fridge that is low in cals. For dinner I try to find something with meat like fried chicken, or pork chop.

I drink about 6-8 cup of water everyday, and it really fills me up. Unfortunately this is the problem. I feel quite full that I don't want to eat more to meet my daily calorie intake.

So what would you guys do in my situation? Should I stick or change the way I eat? I'm always worried if I eat more I won't loose weight.

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    How much do you have to lose and how much are you under? Try to at least eat 1200. You have to eat enough to lose weight also.
  • binkyb00
    binkyb00 Posts: 81 Member
    I want to loose at least 25 lbs. I try to eat at eat 1200, but I go under like 200-500.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Going under 200 won't hurt you unless you do it every day.

Can you eat nuts? Keep a bag of peanuts and raisins or crasins in your desk or pre-pack them in mini ziplock bags. I get whole raw peanuts and bag 10- 20 whole ones as a handy snack.

And some full fat cheese to your sandwich or a yogurt.

Add some olive oil to your veggies.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    It's more important to get all of your calories and nutrition in rather than water, in my opinion. If the water is filling you up to the point you can't eat your meals, drink less water, or try to drink your water about an hour before your meals, or after your meals.
  • I would do something else in the morning like a slice of 45 calorie sara lee whole wheat toast with reduced fat or fat free peanut butter and banana or they have 100 calorie mini bagels and weight watchers cream cheese its like 60-80 calories for a tbsp and some fruit its quick and easy ...fruit alone is not enough breakfast is the most important meal of the day. lunch sounds good but u could throw in some carrot sticks with light ranch they sell them at walmart super center in a package w the ranch they r like 45 calories or something just what I have been doing and it works.. good luck
    Renee:smile:
  • I'm always worried if I eat more I won't loose weight.
    On the contrary eating too little for long periods of time is the one way to ensure that you will reGAIN weight once you stop "dieting", especially if you're burning even more calories by exercising more than you regularly would do. :wink: Eat breakfast. Eat breakfast. Eat breakfast. A piece of fruit is not a breakfast. Every meal should have carbs, protein, and fat or you cannot consider it a meal. If you're too busy to prepare breakfast in the morning, prepare breakfast at night and heat it up in the morning. You can easily get those 200-500 calories you are missing by eating an actual breakfast (300+ calories at least). Eat vegetables, eat vegetables, eat vegetables. Deli meats are not a very good choice for protein. They contain so much sodium in them (btw that bloats your stomach like crazy) and if you're not preparing them yourself (buying from the deli) you cannot control how much they put in or the quality of the deli meat, which is probably very processed anyways. If you're going to have a snack at work, do not have a snack that is basically just sugar carbs (ex: fruit or chocolate chip cookie), have some protein and good fats with the sugar. You do not want to go on a sugar crash.
    Do not drink less water. Drink water after a meal not before or during if you know you will have a problem. Drink a lot of water in the morning when you need it the most.

Btw fried chicken and pork chop both contain more fat than protein, well depending on how it's prepared and the leanness of the cut itself but I know it's a high amount. You do not want to be eating any fried things anyways. :sick: At least prepare it yourself if you are. But remember sparingly.

Hope that helps! :flowerforyou:
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    So what kind of meets to you buy then? The ones that are better on sandwhiches anyway?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    careful with the V8 and deli meats, they're high in sodium, never a good thing to go over sodium by a ton, over by a few hundred mg is ok, but over by a lot (like 1000 or more) can have consequences if you do it daily.

And also, plan out your meals ahead of time, it's far easier to stay around your goal calories if you do this. One of the main reasons people fail here is lack of a solid plan of attack. If you plan 2 meals a day for the week on Sunday (any day really, I use Sunday just for convenience) and stick to it, you'll have a far easier time reaching your goals.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    I never ate breakfast before I started this new lifestyle, either. Always said I had no time. But, after eating one every morning for more than 2 months, I must say that it really is a a basic building block in feeling good and retraining your metabolism.

Some easy breakfast ideas:

*Quaker oatmeal with fruit/nuts chopped into it - takes 2 mins to make and 5 to eat.
    *Hard boiled egg (I make a half dozen on Sun for the week), precooked bacon warmed in the microwave (Canadian is low in fat), whole wheat toast with "I can't believe it's not butter" and sugar free jam, and some fruit. Takes 5 mins to make and 5 to eat.
    *Kashi Go Lean cereal with skim milk and fruit - I pre-cube melon in a tupperware container for this - takes 2 mins to make and 5 to eat.

So all you have to do is get up 10 minutes earlier. I used to think I felt hungrier throughout the day if I ate a big breakfast, but I've found that not to be true. In fact, I have a ton more energy and my body finally realizes it doesn't need to hold on to that darn fat, so I've begun losing weight.
  • Why don't you eat something healthier for you for snacks instead of mini chocolates to add some calories to your diet? Good things like nuts, seeds, apples and peanut butter, yogurt, cottage cheese.... That will even your calories out for the day and help rev your metabolism.

Eat more at breakfast, too. I know it's hard when you are rushing in the morning (I go through that every morning) so I try to find things that are easy for me to carry and eat....yogurt and fruit, nuts, peanut butter, etc.

PS...V8 juice is not a good idea for a veggie substitute. You do not get any of the fiber that you normally would get with real veggies and fruit...plus what Banks said about the salt :wink:
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Try to eat a snack mid morning apple and peanut butter, or something healthy and have a mid afternoon snack. Don't go to low on the CALS and drink your water.

I suggest buying real meat and pre-cooking it, put it in bags and freeze it It will be much better deli meats
This discussion has been closed.