5'3" and 22 pounds lost so far

Options
Garae
Garae Posts: 116 Member
It took about 9 months to get to this point, with taking MANY breaks in between.. my goal is to lose another 15 before July!

Day One - 173
photo70p.jpg

Today! - 151-153 ish

photo328w.jpg

Replies

• shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. I am also 5'3" I have lost about 21 lbs so far but I dont look half as good as you do. Keep it up
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    big difference, keep up the great work!!!
  • Garae
    Options
    Thank you!!! I have been doing a lot of weight training and core exercises, i still can't seem to get rid of my damn POOCH!IH@UI&!*(@&!*(!!!!
  • rachieepachiee
    Options
    Would love to know how you did this? I'm trying to lose 10kg in 3 months and need a few tips especially on how to stay motivated
  • bergsangel
    bergsangel Posts: 131
    Options
    Awesome job, every pound makes such a difference on us shorties!!!
  • MariaAlbina
    MariaAlbina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Amazing results so far!
  • Amethyst125
    Amethyst125 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great job! I have the same issue except a little bit larger. You have inspired me.
    Thanks
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Awesome girl - I am also 5'3", and I will never look like that. I have lost 60 lbs and is 140 (I still have a momma's pouch) and I always will. I have just come to the conclusion that I will be a woman with curves (learning to love them). You look great!
  • Garae
    Options
    Would love to know how you did this? I'm trying to lose 10kg in 3 months and need a few tips especially on how to stay motivated

I am on my feet a lot at work but i tend to notice changes in my body the most when:

1. I choose liquor over beer (vodka soda with lime or whiskey diet instead of a lager or anything with sugar

2. I make veggies the main part of every meal

3. I eat carbs in the morning (like a piece of toast with peanut butter), but not for lunch or dinner

4. I became a pescatarian!
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal Job, Miss :) Definitely something to be proud of.
  • Garae
    Options

I am on my feet a lot at work but i tend to notice changes in my body the most when:

1. I choose liquor over beer (vodka soda with lime or whiskey diet instead of a lager or anything with sugar

2. I make veggies the main part of every meal

3. I eat carbs in the morning (like a piece of toast with peanut butter), but not for lunch or dinner

4. I became a pescatarian!

OH and doing at least 45 min of cardio instead of 30... those extra 15 min are really what makes you see results!
  • GingerJoScott
    Options
    You go sistah! Looking great! EXCELLENT job!
  • Garae
    Options
    Thanks guys!! You all keep me so motivated =]
  • k80fox
    k80fox Posts: 92
    Options
    Awesome job! Congrats on your weight loss! It's taken me 6 months to lose 17 so don't feel bad :)
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    Great job you can do it !!!
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!!! Keep it up!!
  • EmilyJaneRigali
    Options
    Thank you!!! I have been doing a lot of weight training and core exercises, i still can't seem to get rid of my damn POOCH!IH@UI&!*(@&!*(!!!!

I have the pooch also!!!! arg!!!! i got down to 157 and it was as if nothing had happened to it. this is round 2 of my weight loss journey so i'm planning on getting down past 157 and making it to 140... i am PRAYING that the pooch goes away, at least for the most part, by that time!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! You look GREAT! I'm also 5'3" and I've lost 21 pounds since January 2012. From 155 to 134. The "pooch" is ALMOST gone. Keep up the excellent work!
  • monicacorona2
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!