Only netting 950 today, what else to eat?

Options
What else can I eat today to bump up my calories? I've been out walking around all day and now I'm netting only 950 or so. I'm gonna have another protein shake which will be another 160 odd calories but don't know what else to have to bump the calories up about 300 more :ohwell: Its 4.20pm here and still have my protein ball thingy and dinner to have yet.

(my diary should be public so you can check my food for the day)

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    What else can I eat today to bump up my calories? I've been out walking around all day and now I'm netting only 950 or so. I'm gonna have another protein shake which will be another 160 odd calories but don't know what else to have to bump the calories up about 300 more :ohwell: Its 4.20pm here and still have my protein ball thingy and dinner to have yet.

(my diary should be public so you can check my food for the day)

Peanut butter is my 'go to' as long as my fat macros can handle it.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I forgot about peanut butter...hmmm I wonder if I have some left in the cupboard...
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt, Hummus, Almonds, I mean, the opportunities are endless. You could add a banana to your protein shake, and peanut butter too. Cheese stick. I SO wish I had to try to find something to eat. Somehow, the food always finds me.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    A cup of beans topped with 1 oz shredded cheese. That's ~300 calories.

Or

Ww tortilla and 1 oz cheese--quesadilla

Or

Oatmeal w/1 tbsp pb mixed in and a sliced banana

Or

Grilled chicken breast on top of baked potato with steamed broccoli and shredded cheese
  • gaveruz
    gaveruz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    What would happen if you don't make up for the calories?!
  • mannasat81
    Options
    I wish I had this problem!
    I am struggling keeping the calories and fat under control. I am eating fruits, veggies, yougurts, nuts, small things throughout the day, but I have a love affair with food!
    The weekends have been bad for me because we have had so many activities going on where I am surrounded by food and I do give in sometimes.
    Are you hungry? I would say if you don't feel hungry don't eat. And I'm not totally understanding this net calories stuff. I don't want to exercise and then go home and eat the calories I worked so hard to get off. So I just use the goal and not the net number. I feel like I should lose more weight that weigh. I haven't been doing this for long, so we shall see!
    I just ate some yogurt and almonds and it was good and was a couple hundred calories and I got some good fat from the almonds.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I usually drink some good quality protein on those days....like beer :)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Banana or apple with peanut butter.

Greek yogurt with berries.

cheese and crackers.

Sometimes I just have a real late night snack/meal... like an english muffin with peanut butter. If I have a lot of calories left like that. Or something really healthy like, you know, donuts or something.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    beer and ice cream, not necessarily together.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    peanut butter or nuts (almonds/cashews/pistachios are my favorites)
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Almonds... or PB...
  • Chris_acc_can
    Options
    #toughlife. This is easy. Grab a bag a chips or ice cream or cookies or candy and eat 300 calories worth. Don't want the fats, eat a granola bar (2 should do the trick), almonds, 3 servings of fruit. The options are endless. Eat food... any food.

Why is this a forum, it's not rocket science.
  • leamj87
    leamj87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What would happen if you don't make up for the calories?!

It's a contentious topic here but doing that low of calories can send your body into defensive mechanisms because it thinks you're starving. You can hold onto weight, or if you prolong it, you can get really sick.
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    hot cross buns with butter mmmmmmm
  • ejechols
    ejechols Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DJParrish01
    DJParrish01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Fruit-- Oranges, grapes, pineapple!
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    PB, Greek yogurt, more protein shake!

Off topic: I just looked at your Etsy shop and your stuff is sooooooo cuteee!
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I usually drink some good quality protein on those days....like beer :)

I have really low calories today, and I was just considering similar quality protein.
    I like your thinking.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I usually eat some ALMONDS or UNSALTED PEANUTS! Like another MFP said greek yogurt and fruit as well as a protein shake.