What has helped you BOOST your weight loss?

Options
please, don't be mean lol. I know diet and exercising. but has anyone taken any vitamins, or supplements.. or anything that has helped them boost their weight loss? would LOVE to hear.

Replies

• TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Eating a Protein-Heavy Breakfast has helped me control hunger throughout the day
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    dropping most sugar and carbs from my diet...
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    I eat every three hours and that helps me feel better. I already have a lot more energy than I did.
  • katheharwood
    katheharwood Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Eating a Protein-Heavy Breakfast has helped me control hunger throughout the day

I agree. Also, I eat most of my calories, protein, and carbs early in the day, and it surprisingly keeps the energy level up.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    This and drinking tons of water. (Gallon a day, usually!)
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Eating low carb last year definitely definitely sped up the process. I didn't gain any of it back when I weaned myself off the program, which is awesome.

Hmm...just basic good choices like limiting high calorie sweet treats and really high calorie and high sodium foods is what works for me. Plus, I mostly just drink water and cofee. I cut down on the vodka and noticed a difference almost immediately. Sorry I don't have any real miracle solutions...
  • sadye58
    sadye58 Posts: 55
    Options
    i am currently taking CLA (Conjugated linoleic acids) Dr. Oz talked about it on his show it is suppose to burn belly fat it's only been a few days so i dont any reviews yet.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    more protein, fewer carbs at the end of the day, lifting heavier
  • noteve
    noteve Posts: 57
    Options
    Protein rich food keeps me full much longer (and usually doesn't contain that many calories), thus I eat less and end up weighing less!
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    This and drinking tons of water. (Gallon a day, usually!)

Both of these.

The sugars/carbs I have dropped are = pasta, cakes, cookies, breads, cereals, muffins, rice, granola, candy, starchy things (potatos), fried things (chips... anything "breaded")

Oh. and I stopped eating so many bananas. :) I used to eat 1-2 per day and I think those were bloating me and slowing my weight loss since they are really starchy. There's nothing wrong with them in moderation- but I wasn't eating them that way.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Pretty much high amounts of caffiene/green tea give me the energy to go work out. I eat a protein heavy diet and take BCAAs during my workout for that extra OOMPH to push me through. :)
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    This. I keep it at 20 to 30 net carbs a day. Weight has just started falling off and I feel wonderful! I was doing low calorie, but someone challenged me to try this, I did and I will never go back to eating the way I was before!

• Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    Just started drinking a couple of cups of green tea each day again and I feel like my metabolism has revved up some.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    This.

There's no pill. Period.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it's a "boost", but drinking lemon juice in your water in the morning before you eat anything is supposed to detox your body and help you lose weight easier. It helps keep me regular and that in turn helps my weight loss. I drink 16 oz. of water with about 2 oz. of lemon juice in it every morning while I cook my breakfast.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Reduce calories, increase exercise, water and PROTEIN!!!

Limit Sugar, Simple Carbs and Sodium.

No soda!!!!!

Best of Luck!!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    mixing it up. it seems to help to change things up a bit about every 2 mths. Calorie zig zagging seems to have helped with plateauing, also switching exercise dvds so i am not doing the same thing daily, limit sodium, try to up protein and watch carbs (this seems to be hard to do)
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    I also noticed a significant change when I dropped artificial sweeteners from my diet.