MFP is my BFF

Options
SDawgW
SDawgW Posts: 160 Member
I am so happy!!! I lost 5 pounds this week! (GOTTA LOVE WEEK ONE!!! :laugh: )

I can't wait to see next week's results and the week after that..........and the week after that..........and the week after that.......................................

If it wasn't for MFP, I would likely have lost focus on day three!

Road trip tomorrow (going to take my mom to see Rod Stewart!! :love: ). I will be on my BEST behavior because this feeling of progress is just so ADDICTIVE!

:bigsmile:

Replies

• beautifully_chaOtic
    Options
    ISNT IT GREAT!:love: love that it keeps me focused too, u had a great week! keep up the good work and stay addicted lol:flowerforyou:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Great job keep up all the hard work!!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I am so happy!!! I lost 5 pounds this week! (GOTTA LOVE WEEK ONE!!! :laugh: )

I can't wait to see next week's results and the week after that..........and the week after that..........and the week after that.......................................

If it wasn't for MFP, I would likely have lost focus on day three!

Road trip tomorrow (going to take my mom to see Rod Stewart!! :love: ). I will be on my BEST behavior because this feeling of progress is just so ADDICTIVE!

:bigsmile:

Congratulations on your first 5 pounds, that's great! :flowerforyou:
    Just a word of caution, don't expect those kinds of numbers EVERY week, since usually, the first week or two are the best. I think that's mostly because of water weight. Things will slow down after that. It's not good to lose too fast anyway. Slow and steady wins the race! :wink: :smile:
  • feel_the_love
    Options
    Great Job!! :flowerforyou:
  • SDawgW
    Options
    Just a word of caution, don't expect those kinds of numbers EVERY week, since usually, the first week or two are the best. I think that's mostly because of water weight. Things will slow down after that. It's not good to lose too fast anyway. Slow and steady wins the race! :wink: :smile:

I know....that's why I said "Gotta love week one!" :laugh: I did WW years ago and learned very quickly that weeks 1 & 2 are usually the biggest then it starts to trail off.

But I'll be content regardless of what the loss is - as long as it's going in the right direction!! :happy:

Everyone on this site is SOOOOOOOO inspiring and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO helpful! It makes me so happy just logging in!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • BrenNew
    Options

I know....that's why I said "Gotta love week one!" :laugh: I did WW years ago and learned very quickly that weeks 1 & 2 are usually the biggest then it starts to trail off.

But I'll be content regardless of what the loss is - as long as it's going in the right direction!! :happy:

Everyone on this site is SOOOOOOOO inspiring and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO helpful! It makes me so happy just logging in!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I know JUST what you mean! I thank my lucky stars EVERY day that a co-worker told me about this site last year! It's REALLY changed my life soooooooooo much! :love:
    I don't plan to EVER leave! :noway:
  • SDawgW
    Options
    2.6 more pounds gone this week! WOO WOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

It feels great to see such success!!

3 more pounds to go until I hit my goal of a 10 pound loss by Sept. 11th. With 2 weeks left until the deadline, I think I have enough time to do it!!!

I intend to post my weigh-in results in this thread every week because it makes me feel that much more accountable for my actions.

I am looking for a friend to start the C25K with me tomorrow (today is my rest day for exercise). Anyone interested?
  • BrenNew
    Options
    2.6 more pounds gone this week! WOO WOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

It feels great to see such success!!

3 more pounds to go until I hit my goal of a 10 pound loss by Sept. 11th. With 2 weeks left until the deadline, I think I have enough time to do it!!!

I intend to post my weigh-in results in this thread every week because it makes me feel that much more accountable for my actions.

I am looking for a friend to start the C25K with me tomorrow (today is my rest day for exercise). Anyone interested?

Congratulations on losing another 2.6 pounds! You're doing an awesome job, keep it up! :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Way to go girl get get get it :laugh: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome! You go girl! Stay addicted, it's the best feeling to get on that scale and see it come down, isn't it? :love:

Keep up the great work. I weigh in tomorrow to see my official progress since I started on August 17th. Looks like we started about the same time! :happy:
  • SDawgW
    Options
    You are doing awesome! You go girl! Stay addicted, it's the best feeling to get on that scale and see it come down, isn't it? :love:

Keep up the great work. I weigh in tomorrow to see my official progress since I started on August 17th. Looks like we started about the same time! :happy:

My first week was Aug. 4th - Aug. 11th, so yeah we weren't too far off each other's start date!

I was pleasantly surprised this morning, that's for sure. Especially since Aunt Flo is expected on my doorstop anyday now and that usually means at least a 1-2 pound gain.
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    Wow thats amazin! How did u do it?How many calories did u burn this week??Congrats to u!~
  • SDawgW
    Options
    There was some activity that I didn't log: we were loading paving stones from the landscaping place onto the back of the truck and then unloading them when we got home. Then I carried a lot of them to the side yard for hubby and my Dad to lay down. I didn't count that because, well....I forgot! hahaha.

I have been limiting my exercise to just 30 - 45 mins of brisk walks everyday, and even skip some days depening on how my knee is doing (tore my MCL in Feb). Last year, I was very successful at losing weight (lost almost 35 lbs in 3.5 months) but I was exercising like crazy. I was addicted to the exercise back then....it became an all-consuming thing. Basically, I burnt out.

So this time, I am easing myself back into it. That's why I would like to try the C25K schedule...I think easing myself back into running will be not only be beneficial for my knee, but also for my soul/psyche.

I drink a TON of water....always sipping on it (and as a result, making frequent trips to the bathroom....hey! maybe that's where I'm getting all the exercise :laugh: ). I think the water drinking really helps around this TOM.
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    I agree that your water intake really helps! I can really see a difference based on how much water that I am drinking!

I'm amazingly proud of myself. I'm only have 1.2 pounds to go and I'll be down 10 pounds since August 17th! I'm hoping that I can be down that extra weight by Monday!

I did horrible when Aunt Flo was here a few weeks ago for me, so I hope you can be strong and make it through without crashing too hard!
  • SDawgW
    Options
    Had a bad week this week....I'm up 1.8 lbs. I'm not overly surprised, given that I ate some not-so-great snacks (thanks to the UFC fight on Saturday with friends!!!) and I didn't get all of my exercise in that I usually do. PLUS I am STILL waiting for Aunt Flo.....guess she is making a later appearance than expected...hopefully the gain is due to that.

It's been a stressful week. My father-in-law has been battling cancer since last year at this time (diagnosed in July 2008). After two surgeries, one of which left him with only 20% of his liver, he discovered that the pain he was experiencing in his shoulder since May of this year was due to a fracture of one of the bones in his back (hubby was told it was one of the vertebrae, but I'm thinking it's more his scapula or similar). He also just found out today that there is yet another fractured bone in his back, which is leading the docs to believe that the cancer has spread to his bones (a bone scan this week will prove whether this is the case).

He has been instructed to get his affairs in order and they are going to try to make him as comfortable as possible because there is no further treatment if the bone scan shows it is in his bones.

It's a very, very sad day. A double-whammy of a day...actually a triple-whammy of a day: the 1.8lb gain, the news of my FIL, and a visit to the doctor about my upcoming flexible sigmoidoscopy (oh joy, oh joy).

Having a REALLY bad day and hoping that it doesn't ruin my entire week. I think a walk would clear my head, but hubby does not want to be left alone, nor does he want to go for a walk. I guess tonight will be another wash.

Ugh. I still love MFP, though - it's making me think twice about reaching for the "comfort" food.
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    *Hugs* :heart: *Hugs* :heart: *Hugs* :heart:

I think you needed some extra hugs today! I'm glad to hear that MFP is helping to make you think twice before grabbing the comfort food. ANY step in the healthy direction is WONDERFUL! Keep moving forward taking it one day at a time and try and make the best choices that you can each and every day!

I am so sorry to hear about your FIL - that is so horrible and scary at the same time! I'll be keeping him in my prayers with hope that the bone scan shows that the cancer has not spread to his bones. It's never good to hear the doctor tell you to have your affairs in order, but doctor's aren't always right either. *Hugs*

What is "flexible sigmoidoscopy"? I'm assuming you are going to be having a surgery?!?

I would definitely agree that your weight could be up due to Aunt Flo still not showing up....is there any chance that you are pregnant? I'm sure it's probably just stress (my gosh, I think you have PLENTY of that!) but just thought I'd ask...

I'm up this week too. I was doing great and then we found out that our dog has cancer last Thursday and I went on a downward spiral for a few days. I know many look at it as she's just a dog, but to us she is part of our family! Anyways, I think I've gotten myself back on track and I'm hoping that we both have a much better week!

Hang in there sweetie!
  • SDawgW
    Options
    OMG, no way is your dog "just a dog". People that say that have likely never had a pet and have no idea the deep bond that you build with your "fur children" (as we call ours!) We lost our older dog in June; a shep/rotty cross named "Kato". It is difficult when your little furry companion is sick, I know :cry: Our other dog, a staffy named "Bruno" had a tumor removed from her leg last month. Luckily it was benign and she has fully recovered from the surgery. In the last few months, we have spent a lot on vet bills. So believe me when I say that I know how much an "animal" can mean to you! We drained our savings (and some) on our beloved pets. How do you not do everything in your power to try and save a life that you have known for so many years?

We've had some rough few years, actually...it all started back in December of 2006, when my husband's grandmother passed away just before Christmas. That was rough - my mother in law was sitting on the couch next to me when she got the news.

Then less than a month later, in Jan of 07, I had a cervical cancer scare which was treated a few months later.

Then in June of 07, my brother in law was killed in a jet skiing accident.

About four months later, we moved to a new city and I started to feel kinda sickly. Headaches, dizziness, etc. I went to the doctor but he seemed rather unconcerned so I let it go. We got a call from our lawyer, telling us that the garage at our old home, was not in compliance and needed to be moved because it was on municipal property. Long story short, we were responsible for the $30,000 cost to move it. And so began my never-ending quest to find a reputable contractor in a city where anyone with a hammer and a glue gun considered themselves "qualified".

In Jan of 08, I started working out and losing weight and started to feel somewhat healthy....lost close to 35 lbs and life seemed to be perking up a bit. Then in April, I started getting heart palps, dizziness, nausea, etc. Docs did so many tests and didn't find anything. I just cope with it best I can.

In June of 08, my husband's aunt passed away from a heart attack. Less than a month later, her brother (my father-in-law) was diagnosed with colon cancer. Towards the end of Sept. 08, he was a week away from undergoing surgery when my mother-in-law's father had a stroke and passed away. He lived in England, so my MIL could not be with my FIL for his surgery as she had to fly to England for her father's funeral. But luckily, my sister-in-law (the one who's husband was killed on the jet ski) was able to be there for her Dad during the recovery.

He had a slow and painful recovery from the surgery but eventually he was feeling better and began his chemo treatments which he was responding to very well.

Another little flicker of positivity came just before Christmas, when we received word from the insurance company that they would help us pay to move the old garage. What a relief! Our daughter would have a Christmas after all.

Then one day in May, as my FIL was about to begin his last dose of chemo, he got a call from the doctor telling him not to bother as they had discovered in one of his last routine checkups, that the cancer had spread to his liver WHILE he was on chemo so their outlook was not positive.

His liver surgery was this past May and it has been a long and painful battle since then.

As for the flex. sig procedure that I'm having, it's basically a scope of the lower rectum/bowel. I've been having some issues for the past year with bleeding once in a while. Doc wants to make sure it's nothing serious. I'm rather freaked out about it.

I'm telling you, our lives have been quite stressful. If it wasn't for our beautiful little daughter, we probably would have gone insane by now.

I'm not terribly hard on myself for putting on and struggling with the excess weight....I'm quite proud that I haven't put on more and that I don't use the stress as an excuse to eat junk. My biggest downfall is the exhaustion I've had from all the stress coupled with an almost four year old who still doesn't always sleep through the night. I'm frequently too tired to cook so I try to plan ahead as best I can.

You know the ol' saying "this too, shall pass"? I keep telling myself that everyday and try to appreciate the good things in life. I guess the message that I'm supposed to get from all of the tragedy is that there are things that are out of my control but I should take advantage of being able to control what I put into my body.
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    *Hugs* I wanted you to know that I've read your entry, but I need some time to write my response (I have a lot to tell you too) I wish we would have come into each other's lives a lot sooner. We both had lots of trauma in the last 5+ years. But we're here now, right?

How are you doing today? When are you going to have the procedure done? Is it similar to a colonoscopy? I had one done in Nov 08, it wasn't too bad. The bad part was that my IV collapsed in the middle of the procedure and I was also having endoscopy done. The endoscopy was a complete mess and I ended up having a hard time swallowing for weeks after the procedure. They were stretching my esphogus due to damage from GERD and I was being combatitive due to the twilight medication running out. Long story short, it was not fun - I ended up having to go to the emergency room a day after the procedure....Hopefully next time it will go smoother. If my IV collapses again I'm going to tell them beforehand not to pursue the procedure.

I had a rough night last night. My daughter was a handful and I was just flat out in an irritated, pissy mood!

I'll work on replying to your last entry today (hopefully I can get it done) :happy:
  • angie_croce
    Options
    My first week will be up on Monday. I can't wait to weigh in and see what I lost. I hope it's the 5 pounds like you! Keep it up! MFP is my new BFF too!!!

268753.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    How are you doing? How was your holiday weekend?

I never did get any of my past typed up yet, maybe it's not the right time for me to share anyways. I am having a some what rough time staying focused and on "the wagon" so to say, so I'm pretty sure bringing up emotional baggage is not the best idea for me right now.

How is your FIL doing? Did Aunt Flo ever show up?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!