mashed sweet potatos

Options
MindyG150
MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
I really like the mashed sweet potatoes in the Lean Cuisine meal I eat for lunch sometimes. Has anyone ever tried to duplicate it?

There are so many recipes out there and I really am clueless.

Replies

• Unstoppable4
    Unstoppable4 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I hope someone has some info to share on this too. I love mashed sweet potatoes and would love to be able to eat them more often.
  • goalgal55
    Options
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1052562

Found this by googling low cal smashed sweet potatoes. Let us know how they are!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Steam them then when they are soft, mash them. To add flavour you can add brown sugar and butter, but plain is quite tasty.
  • Lea_8D
    Lea_8D Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I think they are very good if you just add cinnamon. No butter or sugar needed.
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I boil them in chunks, then simply mash them with some cinnamon and cloves. Tastes awesome.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Peel them, steam them in the microwave, and mash them. I don't know what the ones in the lean cuisine taste like. You can add butter or brown sugar like the above poster suggested, or lemon or something spicy. Spicy would be good. Yum.
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've never had the Lean Cuisine ones, but they are basically like other mashed potatoes except yummier. I make mine with a little coconut milk, lemon pepper, chipolte paste and salt. I like things with a kick :-)

edit to add > I bake them up in bulk, usually around 5 or 6 at a time, and keep them in the fridge.
  • flopsy1973
    Options
    I made a fish pie a couple of weeks ago and used sweet potato mash for it. I baked the potatoes in the oven with the skin on and once cooked mashed it up (and ate the skin) . It was really nice :~)
  • lorazaruba
    lorazaruba Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bump Love sweet potatoes
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I still put butter and brown sugar on mine. I just measure and use only one serving size of each, not 3 or for like before!
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I boil them, remove the skins and then mash with some OJ, grated orange peel, a little sugar and cinnamon. I sometimes some land of lakes light butter with canola oil!