How do you track exercise..?

Options
here's an example of one of my work outs when it comes to imputing it on here .. I cant find the names and or similar exercises and I end up getting frustrated is there away to input these or am I just going to have to buck up and deal with not knowing what I am burning..?

50 crunches, 3x 20 bench lifts, 30 deadly squats,50 bicycle lounges,30 lounges,50 side crunches, 50 mason twists,50 scissor kicks...15 ball ab crunches, 15 ball reverse leg curls.10 ball squeezes , 5 ball reverse bridges

anyone know...? . It may not seem like a lot but that was my first work out in about 10 years LOL... and I couldn't walk and or sit for three days.. bahhaha ..anywho feel free to add me and or clue me in on how to somehow record my lame yet , noble efforts.

Replies

• kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost in about three weeks... :(
  • ESmackum
    ESmackum Posts: 4
    Options
    First, for non cardio gym workouts, make sure you are entering info in the Strength Training section of the Exercise section of the site. Also, make sure you are spelling things correctly because the sight doesn't factor in spelling mistakes. When in doubt, I go to Bodybuilding.com to check the names of the exercises I am doing (http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/ ) just to make sure. There is also an option on this site to add exercises not on the list (I personally haven't done this yet). Hope this helps :)
  • kymillion
    Options
    yeah I tried inputting my own but I have no idea how many calories Im actually burning..lol
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Only way I know of to track that accurately is using a HRM (Heart Rate Monitor).

If you don't already have one, there are some really good ones for not a lot of money.
  • kymillion
    Options
    just wrote it in your blog .. :) Im 161 consuming like 1400+ per mfp .. but according your method I should be getting about 1700..? I did the math on your blog..
  • kymillion
    Options
    sounds good boss.. does it really matter what calories I consume.. steer clear of fat or just get that many more calories .. I m probably bugging the **** out of you but if you have a method that works I want in.. :D
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Why dont you add the calories in yourself, instead of searching them in the database? :smile:
  • kymillion
    Options
    Why dont you add the calories in yourself, instead of searching them in the database? :smile:

I am not using machines and I dont have a heart rate thingamingjiingy.. lol.. I would calculate it but how do I know what Im burning ..? I am going to try upping my caloric intake and tell you guys how that goes.. I actually gained 10 pounds when I started working out when I was using MFP's calorie guidelines.. so hopefully this will work. off to make some hard boiled eggs :)
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    There is a "vigorous calisthenics" entry under cardio. I'll sometimes use that to track the time I actually SPEND doing weight/strength work (which means I usually cut the clock time by half to two thirds, since my planks are usually 30 seconds on, 30 seconds rest, and the same is true of most of my strength workouts - I'm spending as much time resting and "switching sides" as I do actually training).

More often, I just don't track it and I'll allow myself to go over for the day by a couple hundred calories if I got a nice sweaty strength training round in that day. and I'm really hungry

For the most part, I'm finding I'm largely satisfied running a 1,000 calorie deficit, and I'm losing weight at a modest and acceptable pace to me. I'm frequently "peckish", but rarely in desperate need to eat something. So if I'm really, really hungry at some point, I take that as a sign that I actually need some food, and I'll eat whatever I have available that's the healthiest (trying for a balance of proteins and fats and complex carbs to stave off hunger as long as possible).