Weekends... those are the hardest!

Options
the weekend is quickly approaching which i am so glad for.... the weekends are always the hardest for me as far as eating right and not to much and exercising....

Any suggestions on what to do or not to do and what makes it easier?

Replies

• Rachel89
    Rachel89 Posts: 68
    Options
    the weekend is quickly approaching which i am so glad for.... the weekends are always the hardest for me as far as eating right and not to much and exercising....

Any suggestions on what to do or not to do and what makes it easier?
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem as I keep weekends open for the "What ever I need done stuff."

As for me, I am going to go watch me Son's Track meet, and if all goes well, will go out on a Date. Might even sneak in a work out to fill in the gaps, but as for meals, will try to carry those over same as the weekdays.
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Don't just lazy around the house. That leads me to eating all weekend. Go out and do something fun :happy:
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    As for me, I am going to go watch me Son's Track meet, and if all goes well, will go out on a Date. [/quote]

A date!!! Whoo hoo!!!:drinker:
  • Rachel89
    Options
    That is exciting!!! I hope your date goes GREAT!! knock em dead!!
  • kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    Saturday is my cheat day! I love cheat day mac & cheese! BTW I'm down 2 lbs! Plateu is done? I hope so. :laugh:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I try really hard to be extra good throughout the week and sorta just count the weekends as my cheat days. I don't go completely crazy... but I ussually skip logging on here since things get so crazy. So far it has been working out okay for me.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Weekends are the easiest time for me to work = IF - I do it before I do anything else. The other motivating factor for me is that I don't lay in bed and relax in the morning. If I lay around watching tv or reading first thing, my motivation to do anything is gone. If I get up and get busy, I can accomplish a lot in a short amount of time.

My biggest weekend down fall is the baking I like to do. I'm usually ok if I put it in the freezer, but if it's sitting on my counter, it'll be gone.
  • bodibykelli
    bodibykelli Posts: 135
    Options
    Isn't that the truth!!! I make sure I go on a bike ride or do some other cardio activity right when I get up, just to start the day off right. Since starting this site, I have also decided to go into my "goals" section on the weekend and switch it to "maintaining your weight". I don't eat the calories, but it's nice to know where the perimeters are so that I can still "cheat" a little.
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    weekends are the hardest for me too, but on saturdays i always alow myself small cheats. i have to have chocolate, so i have a small purdy's chocolate bar, about 150 calories. must have chips as well, so about 150 calories. also must have my weekly steak dinner, too many calories to count. however, if i'm good the rest of the week, i don't feel bad about the cheat day, because i know i've earned it. also, because i don't drive i know i have to walk to the grocery store on saturday, so i try to make it a long walk that winds through the harbour etc. that way, when i do my tally for that day, i'm not "cheating" all that much because the exercise offsets the extra calories. i've learned that depivation of my favourites does not work for me, so i allow my self a little bit every weekend.
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    well ... this weekend I am taking my son to a birthday party ... Chuck E Cheese .... Lord help me refrain from eatting half a pizza and a HUGE piece of cake. Hopefully the Cake is chocolate , I dont like chocolate lol :laugh:
  • Rachel89
    Options
    haha i don't really like chocolate that much either which is a GREAT thing!!
  • mrshamm
    mrshamm Posts: 62
    Options
    I was just about to post something about the weekend coming up. Its so hard for me not to go over my calories, we eat out so much because we're on the go. The worst part is that it takes me all week to get back to eating right and exercising just to have the weekend mess it all up again. I have no advise but I know what you're going through.
  • Rachel89
    Options
    i have some advise for you that i should take myself... if you are eating out at a resturant get a to go box before you even get your food... when you get your food.. put half in the box right away... you just cut whatever calories you were going to eat in half!!!
  • Beccilynn
    Beccilynn Posts: 177
    Options
    Weekend suck for me too , with a boyfriend , roommate and 3 kids that dont really care about calories and workouts ... I am on my own LOL I make sure I make my workout goals BEFORE the weekend , I still do pretty well on my food although I realllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy have to concentrate !! :noway:
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Saturday is my cheat day! I love cheat day mac & cheese! BTW I'm down 2 lbs! Plateu is done? I hope so. :laugh:

Congrats on breaking the Plateu, mine broke this morning also.