Advice to loose 20 more lbs

Options
Tmoney19
Tmoney19 Posts: 80 Member
Hi there!

I joined MFP with a friend a month ago and now it is 4 of us total trying to loose weight together. I am 5'4 (yes quite short, which is even more the reason why i need to shed more) and lost 7lbs in 4 weeks and have 20 more to go. I am on a strict calorie counting only intaking 800 or less than 900 a day and i exercise 5-6 times a week for an hour each doing different workouts and classes. It seems harder to loose the smaller i get ::frown: I've just read that fiber is key so this week I've been working on getting the proper fiber amount i need daily.

Please help I'm open to all suggestions and have a deadline I want to meet. :flowerforyou:

Thanks much!

Replies

• miss_september
    Options
    At only 800 to 900 calories a day, you probably aren't eating enough, and that is why your weight loss is stalling. Try upping your calories to at least 1200 per day and see how you do.

There are many forum topics and help with figuring out how many calories you body actually needs on here--I'd suggest checking those out. If you don't eat enough for you body to go about its normal functions (organs working, etc.) eventually your body will start to eat away at its muscles.

Good luck!
  • GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    At only 800 to 900 calories a day, you probably aren't eating enough, and that is why your weight loss is stalling. Try upping your calories to at least 1200 per day and see how you do.

There are many forum topics and help with figuring out how many calories you body actually needs on here--I'd suggest checking those out. If you don't eat enough for you body to go about its normal functions (organs working, etc.) eventually your body will start to eat away at its muscles.

Good luck!

Agreed! You're not eating enough. I am 5'7" and was only eating 1200 a day and I hit a serious stall. I've now upped my calories to 1500 a day and I'm starting to see a loss again (albeit slow - but I only have about 12 left to go, so it's going to be slow at this point).
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I was on a strict calorie limit of 700-800 calories a day and gaining. I nearly doubled my calorie intake and I'm now losing steadily again. (I'm 5'4" too, and 183.5lbs as of today)
  • itialngranny
    Options
    Eating only 800-900 calories has slowed your metabolism of burning calories. Do up your calories a little and if you keep up the same exercise routine; you'll see the weight start to come off again.

Good Job and keep up the good work!
  • Tmoney19
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I will try doing the 1,200 caloric intake daily.
  • Tmoney19
    Options
    Perhaps you ladies are right. I will up my calories and track it and see how I do. Thanks so much!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 3 and I was on 1200 calories a day and working out 5-6 days a week and was losing nothing. I increased it to 1600 and eat my exercise calories back and I have lost 20+ pounds.
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me when I was eating around 1200 cals a day. I plateaued. I upped my calories to 1500 after doing some research on my BMR and TDEE on a website called fat2fitradio and starting losing 2lbs a week with the increased cals and keeping up with my exercise. I'm 5'6" btw.
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 3 and I was on 1200 calories a day and working out 5-6 days a week and was losing nothing. I increased it to 1600 and eat my exercise calories back and I have lost 20+ pounds.

Diddo - immediately (within 3 days) of going from 1200 to 1600 I lost a pound. Also 5'3" working out 5-6 days :smile:
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Check this out for a more "in depth" look at finding your healthy weight-loss calorie intake

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/567092--read-this-figuring-out-your-calorie-goals
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Definitely not eating enough...
  • Tmoney19
    Options
    Great job and Goodluck to you ladies! Thanks!
  • amil12001
    Options
    I am in her group! WE ARE STARVING SLOWLY lol. Well Tmoney lets bump it up to 1200 & hope it pays off !!!!!!!!
  • Tmoney19
    Options
    Thanks ALL for your advice and help this is really helpful and is nice to see how fast you get responses! I love MFP!!!1 :-)
  • Tmoney19
    Options
    I am in her group! WE ARE STARVING SLOWLY lol. Well Tmoney lets bump it up to 1200 & hope it pays off !!!!!!!!

Yessssss let's do it!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!