Low carb evening snack?

Options

Replies

• FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    S/F Jello with whipped cream - so yummy!
  • OnceAndFutureAthlete
    OnceAndFutureAthlete Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Chocolate protein powder drink.

I put the protein powder (1 serving), 2 Tablespoons fiber supplement (like Benefiber), 8 fl. oz water and 4 ice cubes in my mini blender. Blend, add a straw, and it's a sweet, chocolately, lo-carb, good for you snack.

Sometimes I add some instant decaf coffee powder to make it like a Mocha.
    You could even add some sugar free whipped topping if you want.

If you don't have that, I sometimes make a shake with some sugar free, caffeine free mocha coffee mix or instant hot chocolate mix - add water, ice, maybe some fiber and blend.

Usually does it for me.
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    im a sucker for a piece of cheese
  • aeh5068
    aeh5068 Posts: 1
    Options
    I agree with the cheese..part skim string cheese is good because it is already calorie controlled and has 7-8 grams of protein.
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    bacon
  • plainjane23
    Options
    piece of any fruit, or raw veggies.
  • AmandaPandah
    AmandaPandah Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of things I want to try out of these suggestions, but they just seem too unhealthy! Like jello and cheescake! That's gotta be a big sugar source.

Protein shakes might be too expensive.

I'm really surprised no one's suggested eggs! Fruit and cheese are awesome suggestions as well :D
  • ebang8689
    ebang8689 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    air popped popcorn, lightly salted --.. the best snack anytime of the day!
  • MsPetuniaPig
    MsPetuniaPig Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bacon

I've found someone that loves BACON as much as I do!!!!!
  • ebwrite
    ebwrite Posts: 2
    Options
    My new thing is one cup of frozen strawberries (you could also use blueberries) with one cup Silk soy milk (you can also use skim milk, almond milk or whatever), put in the blender (you don't need ice) and you have a filling smoothie with about 100-200 calories depending on what milk you use.
  • MsPetuniaPig
    MsPetuniaPig Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of things I want to try out of these suggestions, but they just seem too unhealthy! Like jello and cheescake! That's gotta be a big sugar source.

I'm really surprised no one's suggested eggs! Fruit and cheese are awesome suggestions as well :D

Sugar Free Jello !!!!! It'll make your nails stronger, your hair stronger (which low carbing takes its toll on), makes you feel full, and with some Redi-Whip on it... (1 carb per dollop) Mmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • elekelk
    elekelk Posts: 107
    Options
    Yes we have! Kolla den amerikanska hyllan!
  • emmahaines1
    Options
    mini milk ice creams are always good, only 30 calories per ice cream and low in fat, good for a treat also. not sure what the sugar content is though.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    My new favorite is a replacement for peanut butter -- sun butter (made from sunflower seeds). I think it tastes better than peanut butter and has more protein and less sugar. Have two tsp. on a brown rice cake -- yummy!

Where di you find the sun butter?
    My late night snack is graham cracker, or a string cheese..
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Quest Protein Bars - low carb, high fiber, high protein, low sugar, gluten free, minimal ingredients. About 170 - 200 calories depending on which flavor you buy.

http://www.questproteinbar.com/

I haven't had a flavor I didn't like. My favorites are lemon cream pie, cinnamon roll and cashew coconut.
    Chocolate brownie warmed in the microwave for 11 seconds = sinful
    Cinnamon roll - sweet taste and gritty like eating cookie dough! It's awesome
  • Bdde
    Bdde Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've made muffin turkey and egg quiches that came out to 81 calories and only 1 g of carb.
  • Niagarasailor
    Niagarasailor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    portabello mushroom
    + 2 tsp pizza sauce
    + 1/4 c part-skim mozarella
    + 15 min @ 375
    = low carb low cal mushroom pizza (~ 120 calories)

This sounds so good..
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    oh my, to do it right...take 2 slices of bread, butter the outside,both sides,slather on peanut butter,slice bananas the long way lay on peanut butter, add 4 slices of bacon. put top on and fry the whole thing up like a grilled cheese sandwich. have 1 qt of milk handy, enjoy and call it a cheat day....THAT"S what you do with peanut butter!!!!
  • AmandaPandah
    Options

Sugar Free Jello !!!!! It'll make your nails stronger, your hair stronger (which low carbing takes its toll on), makes you feel full, and with some Redi-Whip on it... (1 carb per dollop) Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hmmm, I doubt I could find jello or anything like that in Sweden!
  • AmandaPandah
    Options
    I've made muffin turkey and egg quiches that came out to 81 calories and only 1 g of carb.

Ah, give me the recipe!