hip pain

Options
lozald
lozald Posts: 26 Member
hi all ive recently been diagnosed with a condition called trochanteric bursitis in my hips. it means walking, sitting, standing and even laying down can be so painful i sometimes end up in tears. Ive had this since august but just tried to get on with it. now ive been to the doctors ive been given strong painkillers. However even with these i still cant do alot of excersise as its painful so not been doing as well as i had hoped. Can anyone give me any ideas on excersises i could do that would be good for me and easy on the hips? Its really getting down with the no loss since August so any help would be great.

Replies

• dburdi02
    dburdi02 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Try Physical Therapy for a month or two. There are several modalities we can try to reduce the swelling and pain then introduce exercises. Bursitis does hurt but PT can provide you the tools to help reduce flair ups and allow you to exercise.
  • lozald
    lozald Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hanks for your reply my doctor has said about PT but as I've had it so long she has given me the painkillers for 6 weeks and if that doesn't work then I may have to have a cortisone injection in my hip! I hope something works soon.