Needing a kick in the bum

Options
Kai85
Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
This is going to be a bit of a "pity party" post. I've been feeling down for about the last month. I had been doing ok with the exercise and eating healthy thing up until I went on holiday and got sick (about three weeks ago). All up I am still up about a kilo in comparison to pre holiday weight.

I've been feeling down about it and at the moment can't see any weight loss and feel fat and frumpy. When I feel like this it makes it harder to get up and do something.

I thought I would compare some pictures because I can't see any changes at the moment. I could see some small changes in the photos. I actually think my nose looks bigger which means the rest of my face might be smaller? The first photo I weighed about 82.7kg and the second (taken this morning) I weigh 74.2kg (so down 8.5kg - about 19 pounds). Any changes?

Also I'm in desperate need to get my hair done - any advice?

kyliepic-4.jpg

827.png

Replies

• C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    Do you have any measurements to go by?

You can drop inches and never lost a pound or Kilo.
    I think you are feeling down more from the workout with drawl symptoms. Have to get back to the workout routine.
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see changes, your face looks smaller and you look younger. 19 lbs lost is amazing. Go pick up a 20 lb weight at the gym and feel how heavy that is. You are making great progress.

Go buy yourself some clothes that make you feel confident. Dressing for your current body is important to your feeling empowered to continue.

Great work!
  • Kai85
    Options
    That could be it! It's all about routine... My centimetres have gone up too. Not too much but enough to feel uncomfortable. Thanks :)
  • Kai85
    Options
    Thanks Vegan :) I do need to buy some new clothes. My work pants were feeling very lose but are a bit tighter in the last month (they don't fall off anymore).
  • kototo
    kototo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    (kicking you in the butt) get back on track.. tomorrow is another day!!! I think you would look even more awesome in a short messy fun hairstyle!!! lots of layers and maybe some brilliant highlights!!! A new haircut is a NSV in my life!!!

http://www.short-hairstyles.com/short/s152.htm
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    You are so beautiful, don`t ever doubt that.
    There are bound to be weeks where we gain a little weight or can`t seem to lose anything. Don`t let this unmotivate you. I lost 15lbs then hit a wall, so I have started up here hoping to keep the momentum going. I am sick of being overweight. Keep going!
  • OzEmma
    OzEmma Posts: 12
    Options
    Have a look at all the before and after photo's on the success link. I have lost 2kg's in 3 weeks and am dying to lose it faster so I get down on myself and then have a look at the photo's and feel heaps better! Slow and steady. I still have 20kg to lose and I think wow if he/she can lose 45kg (100lb) then I can lose 20kg!!!

My Stats
    SW 87
    GW 65
    164cm (5'5)
  • 1Kristine1
    Options
    There are bound to be weeks where we gain a little weight or can`t seem to lose anything. Don`t let this unmotivate you. I lost 15lbs then hit a wall, so I have started up here hoping to keep the momentum going. I am sick of being overweight. Keep going!
    University suuucks for weight gain. (Just read that you are a uni grad aswell)
  • Kai85
    Options
    My Stats
    SW 87
    GW 65
    164cm (5'5)

Thanks I do spent some time looking at the success stories! It is amazing to see some people's transformations. We've got similar goals and starting weights except I'm a little bit taller. Good luck! You've certainly got the motivation to do it!
  • Kai85
    Options

Aww thank you soo much! It is hard to see ourselves in other people's eyes! Uni has done it in for me I'm afraid. I finished undergrad in 2006 and got my weight under control. Then went back for more in 2010 for my masters. I'm doing that on top of full time work so some days it gets a bit much! It's not a good enough excuse anymore. You can do it :)
  • 1Kristine1
    Options

Aww thank you soo much! It is hard to see ourselves in other people's eyes! Uni has done it in for me I'm afraid. I finished undergrad in 2006 and got my weight under control. Then went back for more in 2010 for my masters. I'm doing that on top of full time work so some days it gets a bit much! It's not a good enough excuse anymore. You can do it :)
    That sounds soo stressful. School is hard, I thought I would go back for my masters in nursing aswell but I just finished my degree. Right now I have no intention of replicating what I had to endure the last four years. Anyways, its not all bad. I am looking forward to a nice paycheck soon. Just try to stay positive, I know its cliche but it works.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I think there is a difference. I remember when I had lost my first 20 lbs and I felt the same way...I was like "20 lbs! Shouldn't I be able to tell more?" I was a little bummed as well but every one told me to just keep going and I would see it soon and they were right! I am now 57 lbs down and I KNOW there is a huge difference but I still have times where I "feel fat" esp when I fall off the wagon (like right now) :) but just keep going. It works, it really does. So just keep doing it and tell yourself that it will work and you will see the difference and in the mean time try not to think about it that much and don't check every day or other day....go week by week or even month by month at first if you can stand the weight....before long you will start to realize that you have not even thought about weighing in or checking your progress for a while :) I try to weigh every day or other day now just to see how it fluctuates and as research and sometimes I go 2 or 3 days before I remember...(usually I don't remember till I eat something I know I should not eat or go waaaay over my cals for the day LOL) Anyway, don't be discouraged. You have taken the hardest step...getting started! And that 1st 20 lbs is almost gone!! WAY TO GO!!! It gets easier little by little and you will start to see and feel the change. And your sizes will start getting smaller in clothes (slow at first but then starts going more rapid) JUST HANG IN THERE! SUCCEED TODAY!
  • Kai85
    Options
    I think there is a difference. I remember when I had lost my first 20 lbs and I felt the same way...I was like "20 lbs! Shouldn't I be able to tell more?" I was a little bummed as well but every one told me to just keep going and I would see it soon and they were right! I am now 57 lbs down and I KNOW there is a huge difference but I still have times where I "feel fat" esp when I fall off the wagon (like right now) :) but just keep going. It works, it really does. So just keep doing it and tell yourself that it will work and you will see the difference and in the mean time try not to think about it that much and don't check every day or other day....go week by week or even month by month at first if you can stand the weight....before long you will start to realize that you have not even thought about weighing in or checking your progress for a while :) I try to weigh every day or other day now just to see how it fluctuates and as research and sometimes I go 2 or 3 days before I remember...(usually I don't remember till I eat something I know I should not eat or go waaaay over my cals for the day LOL) Anyway, don't be discouraged. You have taken the hardest step...getting started! And that 1st 20 lbs is almost gone!! WAY TO GO!!! It gets easier little by little and you will start to see and feel the change. And your sizes will start getting smaller in clothes (slow at first but then starts going more rapid) JUST HANG IN THERE! SUCCEED TODAY!
    Yes! That's exactly where I am at the moment! I tend to weigh more when I'm anxious about it so slowing down on that will be good. Thanks for your feedback and congrats on you loss. You look fab and have an awesome attitude.
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Hi, The difference is visible. Be proud you are doing great. My weight loss has been very slow about 0.5lbs per week, so I need to keep myself motivated with NSV's (Non scale victories) - I had to buy a belt this week for 2 pairs of my trousers, so that will keep me going for a while. Just keep logging and trying. You may lapse today, but tomorrow is brand new day to get it right :wink:
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    you look great. it doesn't even look like the same person in the pic. you are doing great
  • Kai85
    Options
    Thank you!
  • donlou33
    donlou33 Posts: 20
    Options
    Kai from your photo's I can see a big difference, not only physically. I can see it in your face and in your eyes too.
    It sucks when you hit a plateau or gain a little but don't give up or get disheartened. You have had the strength and determination to lose already so you can again.
    Look into shaking up your diet and workouts to wake up your metabolism and give yourself a kick start.
    Good luck
  • Kai85
    Options
    Thank you! :flowerforyou:

I'm feeling better after my "down in the dumps day".

Your comment was so sweet. I'm back to the exercising and gunna get that natural high :)
  • donlou33
    donlou33 Posts: 20
    Options
    Brilliant :)
    We all have those days but the key is to be strong enough to move forward and not give up. Even if we don't lose the Lbs for a while we are still getting healthier and fitter by continuing :)
    I have something new this week... It seems I have stopped my period by upping my exercising. I have been pushing myself a lot over the last few weeks and it seems my body is not quite so happy about it. I'm sure it will soon sort itself out as I have not dramatically reduced my calories nor is my body fat % at a low level.
    Either that or I'm pregnant :noway: :explode: (99% positive I'm not lol)