Lunchboxes!

Options
LorinaLynn
LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
What lunchboxes did you use when you were a kid?

Child of the 70s.... I distinctly remember having the Muppet Show and the Rescuers lunchboxes. I learned to spell "rescue" from that movie. Just like the Bay City Rollers taught me to spell Saturday.

When I was a little older - maybe 11 or 12 - I had a vintage Barbie thermos from the 60s that I thought was the BOMB, not only because even at that age I liked vintage, but because it was glass lined and kept my Spaghettios hot better than any modern day thermos. Until I dropped it. :cry:

Replies

• auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I loved the Rescuers and Rescuers Down Under. I watched those movies many many times as a kid. :heart:

I never had a lunchbox, though, because I was homeschooled. But, uh, my coworker currently has a cute lunchbag.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/b91e_nom_nom_nom_lunchbag.jpg
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    My metal lunchbox featured Daisy Duke on one side, and the General Lee on the other. Yeah, I was a pimp little kid. :bigsmile:
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NIGHT! Geez, now you've got that song stuck in my head!!! I remember a Barbie lunchbox and some generic dinosaur one. I'm pretty sure I had a Rainbow Brite, too. You never see kids' lunchboxes that come with Themoses anymore.
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    Rainbow Brite!!

rainbowbrite-box.jpg
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    $(KGrHqUOKpQE6RpghmWBBOsOFHNjTQ~~60_3.JPG

I had this one!
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My lunchbox was metal, had a thermos, and had **** Tracy in a flying garbage can on the front of it.

I'm old.
  • thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I had a Fox and the Hound lunchbox that I loved so very much. When I got a little older I had a Punky Brewster one but it was plastic and not as cool.
  • Ironman2be
    Ironman2be Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Those metal ones with the thermos's are worth a ton of money now!!! but they have to have the thermos! Wish I had mine..

I had all sorts...I remember star wars, dukes of hazzard, woody woodpecker and he- man i believe...my mom would always grab them from garage sales.
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I used to have the rainbow brite one! But now I have geeked it up a bit and bought myself the new Star Wars tin. It comes complete with the M.Falcon and TIE fighter sandwich cutter! I love it, brings me back.
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I had Barbie and Mickey Mouse when I was in the lower grades. Then I got the flower power/peace sign looking ones for junior high.
  • dannytheman
    Options
    Mine were metal also! Wow, I had 007 James Bond in 2nd grade. I had Adams Family in 3rd. But mostly I had brown bag after that!
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    When I was st school in the UK we didn't have lunchboxes. We either ate at school or went home to eat.
    But.
    I got a Pirates (Johnny Depp) lunchbox for Christmas this year from an American friend. It rocks.:laugh:
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Muppets...and my older sister had a Little House on the Prairie one that I coveted.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I had a plastic Star Wars box I carried from Kindergarten to about 4th or 5th grade. After that? Paper bag. Now? Sandwich box tossed in my backpack.

JM
  • tiffanyw5
    tiffanyw5 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i had a rainbow bright and a strawberry shortcake i loved them
  • happypath101
    Options
    We were poor. I had a brown paper bag. It embarassed me. Now, I fuss and fuss and fuss over my kid's lunch bag. I want him to have a cool one. He couldn't care less. LOL! :O)
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I had a snoopy lunchbox.... I still have the thermos that came with it. Not sure where that box is now. They just dont make em like they used to. I have a fairly good one right now. Its blue and insulated.. It can hold all my stuff for work. I was just thinking about this the other day. We have lunchboxes for school when we are little, then we have them for work.

Was triing to find a super cool one that had a matching thermos. They just dont make em like that anymore. At least I still have my snoopy thermos. :smile:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    When I worked as a web developer, around 26 years old, I brought my lunch in a reproduction Underdog metal lunchbox. I :heart: Underdog!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Mine wasn't cool at all. It was one of those vinyl covered ones that looked like denim with a frog on it. I couldn't wait to bring my lunch in a brown bag! As an adult I bought a really cute Supergirl one (Igloo brand) that looked like a pink purse. My daughter borrowed it, left it on the floor when she got home from school and the dogs tore it up. I can't find another one anywhere. :(
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Heres what mine looked like. I have this exact thermos.... Wish I could find the box thou. Think Mom thru it out.

mylunchbox.jpg

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night!!