yoga/bellydance/zumba/crafty friends wanted!

Options
Hey,

I've been using MFP on and off (ok, fine. mostly off) since September and would love to become more involved in the community. I don't usually post, but I plan to get in the habit of it. MFP totally works when I actually DO IT, so I am working on becoming more active on here.

I would love more pals who have similar fitness interests so I can by motivated by seeing what you're up to in my feed !

I love Bikram yoga, bellydance (studied for 2 years but haven't actively danced in a long time), zumba, pilates, running. Especially when I actually DO THEM, if you know what I mean.

Also, if you are crafty, add me! I am a fabric designer and sewing book author and I love to make new craft friends!

melissa

Replies

• ladyphoebe
    ladyphoebe Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba. I havent been able to go to any classes in a while but i have it for my Wii. It is great. I would love to get into bellydancing...once i have the belly for it. Im also into crafty things. Mostly I do bead work and lately I started with Cake decorating courses.

:) Feel free to add me if you would like
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I love belly dance this is my second year (with a year off inbetween do to knee) i have done zumba a couple times, would love to do more but the classes at my gym are just not fitting in my schedule. done some yoga mostly a dvd done by Rachel brice i have has some yoga geared toward belly dancing. sending a friend request. and anyone else with similar intrest can friend me
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    I'll add you! I love Zumba, although I've only been able to do it at home. I knit and sew, but havne't been able to do too much since my 4 month old has been born. Just yesterday I made a new dress and some workout shorts though - it feels good to sew again! How I've missed being creative!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Bought Zumba for the PS3...Havent done it yet but hear its a blast! Love yoga!! Want to Belly dance (I gots abelly-I can dance!!) Just recently had a Shimmy-Mob in our community which was fun to watch!! Love running and hope to do a full marathon by hte time I turn 45!! Currently doing 6-7 k every 2nd day working to a full 10k....Could always use another friend!!
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    i loove zumba and recently started to belly dance...well im not good at it but i try lol add me if ya want xD
  • ashleymichelle06
    ashleymichelle06 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just tried a belly dancing video last night and I loved it...so much fun I barely felt like I was even working out. I definitely want to stick with it and maybe do the bollywood dance videos too.
  • erniemj
    erniemj Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I love my zumba class, knit and sew too! Love to paint and draw and do crafts as well - I am a mom of 4, was former active duty military, and have been actively trying to get into better shape than I was in the Army!
  • themehgetarian
    themehgetarian Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just re-started with MFP, and I dance with a bellydance troupe in the KC area. I'm not the greatest at crafts yet, but I'm learning slowly. :) Hope to get to know many of you very soon.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I'm a Zumba-maniac, artsy (though I don't create crafts) am new to running, like Yoga but haven't done it for years, and I'm a great MFP friend to have. :) So if ya want, shoot me a FR!
  • exotike
    Options
    Hi ! :)
    I've just started with MFP and i'm looking for friend to find motivation, because i give up easily when i'm on my own :(

I bellydance, tribal fusion precisely, and i loove it !! \o/ This is me with my professor : http://youtu.be/4_GvprSlM9Q (i'm the chubby chick on the right ^^) My goal is to lose some fat on my arms, and have a more tonic belly and less fat rolls :3

I love arts and crafts, knitting, sewing ... ♥ :3 oh and I love hula hooping too ! I think that it will be help me loosing weight.
  • infallible
    infallible Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I bellydance, tribal fusion precisely, and i loove it !! \o/ This is me with my professor : http://youtu.be/4_GvprSlM9Q (i'm the chubby chick on the right ^^) My goal is to lose some fat on my arms, and have a more tonic belly and less fat rolls :

Oh girl, you are so cute! I understand wanting to have less fat moving when you're dancing (I'm like twice your size and not even ready to unveil my belly). At the same time I have to say, when watching other belly dancers, especially the tribal ones, I tend to find my eyes drawn to the larger dancers cause their moves seem more earthy and womanly, than the skinnier girls. That I know how hard they've worked to get there bodies to move like that. LOL :)

Oh and I'm a crafty person too. At least I attempt to be.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I love Bikram yoga and I do crafts (knitting, occasional sewing, cake decorating, scrapbooking). Add me!
  • Lilith47
    Lilith47 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I do tribal bellydance! New here so I'm happy about new friends ;)
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    I love bellydancing! I am looking for friends in central texas williamson county to get together.