CELLULITE

Options
Hey ladies, I was curious if all of you have cellulite and if it is possible to make it go away. I have stripe alike things on my thighs and I hate them, thanks!

Replies

• LoveLivingHealthy
    Options
    i believe jillian michaels said that lunges (back and forward) will help with cellulite. unfortunately i dont think you can get rid of all of it, just some of it. if anyone has any other pointers i would love to know too.. i have way too many dimples as well. lol.
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    Massage, some vitamins, some creams, heat (sauna/jaccuzi), those special vacuume suck machines they have at some spas, have all been proven to reduce the look of cellulite after several and regular treatments. Weight loss helps also but some area you may never be able to firm depending on your gentics. Good luck. I wish mine would just smooth out by itself but it doesn't seem to be that way.
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    over the late summer/early fall of 2011, i did a round of insanity as well as religiously applying a light lotion on my thighs and bum every morning. as a result, my cellulite has more or less disappeared. i also drink loads of water!

your amount of cellulite really depends on your genetics, though. some are more prone to it than others. unfortunately there's no tried and true way for getting rid of cellulite. for a temporary fix, get a nice tan on your legs! it makes the cellulite less noticable.
  • Zara150
    Zara150 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm doing INSANITY workout myself right now! just started month 2, it works for the body, yet the dimples are still there.... I'll try some lotion and massage it, and also I"ll get tanned soon cuz summer finally arrives! Thanks!
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm doing INSANITY workout myself right now! just started month 2, it works for the body, yet the dimples are still there.... I'll try some lotion and massage it, and also I"ll get tanned soon cuz summer finally arrives! Thanks!

Cellulite is fat. Remove fat- remove cellulite. Simple.
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have been running and doing Brazilian Butt Lift DVD set for three weeks.. the cellulite is less and less...
  • GretelPetal91
    Options
    I have a feeling that most or even all anti-cellulite creams do absolutely nothing and that it's just the rubbing motion that does the work. I heard that some women swear by rubbing sand on cellulite while at the beach. Just got to make sure you don't get a sun burnt butt while you're at it.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options

I'm not a girl but this is what i know of cellulite.
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have quite a bit- I use fiming mosituriser every day and now that I have lost some weight my cellulite has improved- I don't think it will ever go completely but it does look better.
  • GretelPetal91
    Options

I had cellulite when I was underweight. It's not so easy
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I had cellulite when I was underweight. I do a lot of heavy training - squats, lunges, deadlifts, and I gained a few pounds and it helped TREMENDOUSLY. Basically my body fat is lower now which reduces the appearance of cellulite.

I think deadlifts are very helpful especially.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I had cellulite when I was a skinny teenager and weighed 103 pounds. I still have it, but it's a lot less noticeable since I started lifting heavy. I run, too, but running alone didn't do it.
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Cellulite isn't just about reducing body fat guys!!

Even when I have been underweight I have cellulite dimples. I'm still overweight at the moment but my cellulite has improved significantly since cutting out alcohol.

Best thing you can do to improve the look of cellulite is not to drink alcohol or caffeine, drink plenty of water. Massage helps as does plenty of exercise.
  • Zara150
    Options
    Thanks everyone for responses
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I still have it, lifting sure helps! Squats solve all xD
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I only have a teeny tiny bit left now. Personally, the only thing I found that got rid of it was lowering my body fat percentage. I've never had big issues with cellulite and it wasn't until I let myself go for a couple months and put on some weight that is showed up. Since I've been running and doing body resistance exercises it is almost diminished.

Sadly, cellulite is dependent on your genetics I believe. Even some of the skinniest people have cellulite.
  • thinclo
    thinclo Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I think that mine has gotten better since I have lost some body fat and gained muscle in my legs and butt. I do not have any on my legs but I still have some on my butt.

I also just bought the Brazil But Lift and can tell that my butt is looking better.

I also dry brush my skin because I heard that rejuvenates the skin and I use and eat coconut oil. This has made my skin look better, so since my skin looks better the cellulite does not look as bad.
  • deetra
    deetra Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey there firstly those vacum suck machines are **** (excuse my french) I would advice people to save their money !! Being someone who has always had problems with her lower half and has tried everything, i thought i would give that vacum suck therapy a go along with a re-drainage therapy that followed. The vacum therapy was an hour long an the re drainage 40mins. i had 6 sessions of each over the space of 6 weeks and WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY. Over 300euro down the drain !! We all have cellulite and i dont think that exercise along can get rid of it, whats more important is the foods you eat. Coffee, smoking and of course fatty foods are terrible for cellulite !! plus you need to be drinking lots of water to get rid of the toxins. They say brushing your skin towards the heart works but again only in conjunction with everything else !!
  • Zara150
    Options
    Ok I recently noticed some changes, it is going AWAY!!! I been doing Insanity, I lost about 4% of my body fat plus I do squats a lot. I rarely put creams on it so it's all healthy eating and exercising!