Looking for VSG (sleeve) friends

Options
I'm Tuliptwy. I'm relatively new to this site and new to the community groups. I'm looking for friends who have had a sleeve installed (LOL) to see how they're doing and to support and encourage one another. Thanks!

Replies

• missmacknz
    Options
    Hello. I had one installed (lol indeed) August 12 last year - feel free to add me as a friend :) It's always good to have some people on your friends list here who have had it so understand why you may be doing the things you are doing :)

Just saw we are both August Sleeve people - that's pretty cool :)

Tracey
  • costarr
    Options
    Hi, I too had the sleeve installed on July 27th 2011, day of surgery weight was 270. I was 286 when i started the 2wk preop and currently at 204.2!! Yay me! feel free to add me as well. :):smile:
  • msharpsteen11
    msharpsteen11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I also have been sleeved, 3 weeks ago yesterday. Best thing I have ever done. Also new to this site looking for friends..
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!

Installed on 6/6/11 :)
    SW 264
    CW 174
    GW 155

Add me; I keep my food diary open to friends and update daily.

HD11.jpg
  • Libb3C
    Libb3C Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for new sleeve friends!! Sleeved 8/8/11.
  • promising_actress
    Options
    Hi. Jennifer from Boston. Sleeved 2/27/12.
    high 340/surg 308/ current 278/goal 180ish
    also, there is a VSG group on here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1052-vsgers
  • rlshopp6
    rlshopp6 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi. I don't know why I never thought to look for VSG friends here, but hadn't. And sometimes there are things unique to us, or others with WLS that other people might not get or support so it'd be great to add you all as friends.

I was sleeved on 12/21/10.

SW 308
    CW 190
    GW 160

I actually met with my weight loss dr just a few weeks ago. My original goal weight was 150 (i'm 5'6") but she said that would be underweight for me. Because of all the fat cells created from years of being overweight, they may be empty of fat, but they're still there and therefore I should allow up to 15 lbs just for those empty fat cells. I've been thinking about it ever since. of course i don't want to have an unrealistic goal, but i also don't want to settle for a goal weight that maybe isn't right for me if in fact I could be thinner. Of course after years of being overweight, I can't imagine being at 150, even 160 seems crazy. But I'm mentally struggling with that. Has anyone else heard about this from their doctors when it came to setting a goal weight?
  • Browny43
    Browny43 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Not sleeved tattoo'd arms? What is the "sleeve"?
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I had VSG done Aug 18th last year - any of you all feel free to add me if you want :) It is always nice to have someone else who understands

:smile:
  • tlynnclemmons
    tlynnclemmons Posts: 79 Member
    Options

lol - the gastric sleeve i think...... although I don't have it and DO have the other sleeve (tattoo'ed arm!) feel free to add me - we can be sleeveless together.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I had by-pass done. Is that close enough????
  • addict3
    addict3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi. Sleeved 9-12-11 and although my ticker works on my other forum, I don't have it working on here, but i've lost 166 total so far. Feel free to add, i'm glad to help if I can.
  • ldeball
    ldeball Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had the lap band on July 1, 2008. Diabetes in remission and down about 120 pounds (and maintaining, which was always my big problem!). I have been very curious about the sleeve and would welcome some info on your experiences. Glad to talk with fellow WLS folks!
  • IrishFanVSG
    IrishFanVSG Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I noticed some my cool friends from MFP have replied to this. I had the sleeve 7/13/11. Down 100lbs. We are a double sleeve family. My husband recently had it done at the end of March. I'm very happy with the lifestyle.
  • rlshopp6
    rlshopp6 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

lol - the gastric sleeve i think...... although I don't have it and DO have the other sleeve (tattoo'ed arm!) feel free to add me - we can be sleeveless together.

this is my first time to use the quote, so sorry if i mess it up. VSG or sleeve is vertical sleeve gastrectomy (not sure i spelled that right) and it's a weight loss surgery. From what I understand It used to be done as a staged surgery prior to gastric bypass, but they had such good results, they started doing VSG as a stand alone procedure. i know when i first started considering surgery i'd only ever heard of the bypass or the band, and when the surgeon talked about the sleeve, I knew I was far more interested in it. I don't know why, but the bypass scared me more. And the band didn't have as good as a track record (the surgeon said 1 in 5 have to have it removed within 5 years because the body rejected it) and i didn't want to have a surgery, go through all that and hopefully it works then within 5 years it's gone? I think my fear was that I would be one of those subset group, and that then i would gain all the weight back. And after years of gaining and losing weight, i didn't want to risk that.

I'm just glad there are options, and that I did it, and am on my way to success.