Protein shakes

Options
Where can you buy protein shake and what does it do, is it high in calories?

Replies

• Trish1996
    Options
    I am on Body by Vi protein shakes. One at breakfast and one at lunch. It keeps me full and I have a lot of energy. It is 90 calories for the shake mix. I love it!!!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    it's at least 4 calories per gram of protein.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    You can buy them anywhere (Wal-mart, Target, Meijer, Albertsons/Safeway, GNC, etc.) and you can find lower calorie ones (usually the low carb ones) that are decent.

I use Isopure Low Carb Chocolate - 25 grams of protein per scoop & only 2 carbs/110 (ish) calories. I usually mix it into a shake or glass of milk.
  • sparkle126
    sparkle126 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thank you do they help yo lose weigh, i dont really want to be bulking up, just want a good source of protein for lean mucsles
  • tanya2581
    Options
    When I successfully lost 3stone at the right pace before my wedding last year I substituted breakfast cereal with Maxitone Definity made up with milk instead of water and it really helped balance out my dietary intake to what I was advised to loose weight, keep up energy and help my body recover from all the gym I was doing. I wouldn't have been able to have a daily intake of 20% Protein without ending up with loads more fat in my diet, I simply would not have stomached that much chicken. At the moment as 8lbs has snuck up on me over the past year because of my weekness for chocolate and ice cream and lack of gym attentance I have decide to try out the Maxitone sculptress and substitute my lunch with it and so far I am recovering well after the gym and keeping the hunger at bay. I would advise you to choose wisely to your diet and don't focus too much on your weight as my west loss use to stay still occasionally then would move surprisingly, what I would notice was I could keep up the diet and exccise easier with them, my clothes became looser each week.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Thank you do they help yo lose weigh, i dont really want to be bulking up, just want a good source of protein for lean mucsles

you won't 'bulk up' by drinking protein. As a lady, you bulk up by eating tons of calories, lifting tons of weights, and using various needles.

It won't make you lose weight either. It's just a supplement and calories like everything else.

Muscle -is- lean. that's why it's called 'lean tissue.' You get a lean look by losing fat. You get strong by lifting heavy weights.
    Protein is just one piece of the puzzle.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options

you won't 'bulk up' by drinking protein. As a lady, you bulk up by eating tons of calories, lifting tons of weights, and using various needles.

It won't make you lose weight either. It's just a supplement and calories like everything else.

Muscle -is- lean. that's why it's called 'lean tissue.' You get a lean look by losing fat. You get strong by lifting heavy weights.
    Protein is just one piece of the puzzle.

Yes protein does not mean you will build muscle.
    Protein powders are not superior protein either. You can use whole foods too.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Its a meal replacement only.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I buy online to get the best prices because I go though a lot. Each scoop gives me appx 130 calories for 24g protein and 5g carbs.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

Bad choice of wording, but we understand what you meant. ;-)
  • Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    Options

no it isnt. it is a protein supplement.
    Options
    I buy online to get the best prices because I go though a lot. Each scoop gives me appx 130 calories for 24g protein and 5g carbs.

How much are you paying for it taso? Curious since I have been comparing more lately.
    Just bought 5 pound tub for $50 with 25g pro, 1g cho, and 104 calories
  • Testosterone
    Options
    http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/dymatize-elite_whey_protein_instantized.htm

114 calories per 24 grams, and $78 for 10 lbs shipping included. go with chocolate or vanilla, you can add things to them that you cant with other flavors.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I use whey protein isolate unflavored- 105 calories, 25g protein, 1g sugar, 1g carbs.

I paid $60 for 5# jug...have gotten it on sale for $36
  • joejccva71
    Options
    OP-

You can go to bodybuilding.com to order protein supplements online. Also, you really only should take protein powders if you are unable to get your minimum protein macro requirements from whole foods.

Whole foods first, then protein powders.
    Options

114 calories per 24 grams, and $78 for 10 lbs shipping included. go with chocolate or vanilla, you can add things to them that you cant with other flavors.

And I thank you :D
  • Testosterone
    Options
    OP-

You can go to bodybuilding.com to order protein supplements online. Also, you really only should take protein powders if you are unable to get your minimum protein macro requirements from whole foods.

check out the link i provided. waaaay better prices. BB.com is a huge rip off.
  • fajitatx
    fajitatx Posts: 36
    Options
    isopure low carb, been drinking the dutch chocolate, good stuff.
  • Testosterone
    Options

And I thank you :D

youre welcome!
  • joejccva71
    Options
    OP-

check out the link i provided. waaaay better prices. BB.com is a huge rip off.

Does allstarhealth.com ship next day?

Like on bb.com, if I put in an order before 3pm ET, then I'll have it the next day which is awesome.