Kinect Sports / Wii Sports etc.

Options
Anyone use either the Kinect Sports or Wii Sports for exercise? I also picked up EA Active 2 over the weekend because it was on sale. I was also looking into the "Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012" for the Kinect to add into the mix. Something to make the workouts fun and not so blah. This is my third day using MFP and so far so good. I suppose I will weigh in again on my start date on next Sunday to see if I am making some progress. Feel free to add me as well! I work on my PC all day. (also, blah - hehe)

Replies

• grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Not familiar with those but I've been doing Wii the biggest loser.
  • SFbarmaid
    SFbarmaid Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my kinect... especially the no controller part. I sold my Wii shortly after buying the xbox about a year and a half ago.
    I have your shape fitness..and I like it alot, however for cardio, dance central is my favorite. Its so fun, you do not feel like you're working out. even if your a bad dancer (like my husband) its a blast.
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    @SF I wonder if I should try them, I have both DC games that my kids play (I think they used it once or twice since xmas)..Definitely want to get the your shape thing though. @Grimm How is that game? I saw there was a couple of the BL games for multiple systems
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I use Your Shape 2012 as my main workout. I love it. I have had it for a few months now and am not bored of it yet :)
  • SFbarmaid
    SFbarmaid Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yourshape is great for aerobics and cardio... good for a change when your bored with your gym routine. The tracking seems to be pretty accurate.
    Check Craigslist for a used copy, that way your only out a few bucks if you don't like it...
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    I just box te kinect, and have been using dance central I LOVE it! I sweat like a MO FO! AND it tells me how many calories I am burning (obvi I don't htink its exact, but I think the estimate is close) especially since it measures body temp as well :)
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I don't use Wii Sports for exercise (although I do love playing it), but I use Wii Fit Plus - it's my alternative to the gym and I LOVE it :smile:
  • draculaspointer
    draculaspointer Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I used to do a lot on the wii but its so easy to cheat. So I got the kinect and a dancing game. Only played it once so far (had it for 2 days), and I have to admit after a few songs I was sweating and pretty tired!
  • PinkiePie07
    PinkiePie07 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just posted this in another thread:
    It's not the exact same but I have a Wii and I use Wii Fit and a Zumba style game on there as well. I'll alternate between playing both those games and riding my exercise bike. It's been working for me, especially since it's helping me change it up so my body doesn't get too used to one thing. That said, I don't plan on using it the entire time I'm losing weight. The games are on loan from my mom, and once I get my weight machine moved up here, that will probably be what I spend most of my time working out with.

The best way I can put my feelings about using the video games to work out, actually comes from what my brother told me. "They work fine and they're fun, but they work at their very best when you do other things alongside with it."