Help, please :) calories.

Options
Hi,
I think I need some advice, please. Sorry if it's a very commun subject.

Sooo..

I haven't lost any weight for 3 weeks now (I have lost 3 cm around my waist, but no weight).

My question is - should I start eating more calories?

I'm eating 1200/day and I do eat my exercise calories back, and don't feel hungry.

Also, I must admit, I don't drink enough water.

Any advices?

Thank you for your help,
Tania

Replies

• em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    have a look on the post 'in place of a road map', dan is very good at explaining and there are caluclators to work out your cal goals.

If you are on a plateau, eating at maintenance for a week is a good way to break it :-)
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are losing, but replacing with muscle so it's not going to show right away. That said, you need to try to drink half of your body weight in oz.s every day! At least try!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Well you already admit that you dont drink enough water, so thats one place to start. If you are retaining water due to salty food, (ironic as it sounds) drinking more water will help you lose that water weight (the extra water will flush it out).

You're already eating your exercise calories back, so you could try bumping up your intake by just a little (say up to 1300+exer) and see if that helps. When I was not eating mine back I was 700-900 under each day and not losing, once I started eating most of mine back to be like 100 under, I started losing a lot, but of course this doesn't work for everyone. Plateau's are tough because your body gets used to something, so you have to mix it up. A little higher intake for a short period, like a week may help you.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Water water water. I thought I wasnt losing weight as well then upped my water and realised I had about 5 pounds of water weight on me.
  • HeatherDerexson
    HeatherDerexson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    We all hit plataeu's. Really sounds like your just at that point where your losing fat but gaining muscle. If your not starving then don't eat the extra calories. Drink plenty of water and stay active. Try a different exercise maybe, your body does get used to doing the same things. Great and fun investment--a weighted hoola hoop from Danskin (available at WalMart). Hope this helps!!!
  • TaniaMcCormick
    TaniaMcCormick Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your responses, so far.

I can't say I feel like I'm retaining water, but I will try to drink some more (this will be a hard effort, believe me!)

i'm a bit scared of eating more calories, but I'm starting to consider it :\
  • TaniaMcCormick
    Options
    Water water water. I thought I wasnt losing weight as well then upped my water and realised I had about 5 pounds of water weight on me.

wooow :| I guess I need to drink more water!!
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
  • TaniaMcCormick
    Options
    Very interesting :) thank you!