Pizza Recipes???

Options

Replies

• big_drake
    big_drake Posts: 78
    Options
    I just made a flatbread pizza for lunch but I used Pesto instead of tomato sauce. It does bump up the calories a little bit but it's so good. Then I just put on a few tomato slices, spinach and cheese. I can't wait for lunch tomorrow, I'm having another.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I want healthy pizza now :(
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Thomas English Muffins, marinara/spaghetti sauce, shredded cheese, any toppings, bake them and then broil them in the oven until cheese is browned. Super reasonable calories and yummy.
  • aphillips8180
    aphillips8180 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Freschetta also makes a thin crust pizza to die for. SO delicious! Give it a try. :)
  • MsRoxyPepper
    MsRoxyPepper Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If you can, try making the tomato sauce yourself! Premade/storebought often have a lot of sugar in them which is totally unnecessary. Here's what I do:
    1 can of chopped tomatoes
    1 onion
    2 garlic cloves
    1 tbsp of cooking oil (I usually use rapseed oil)
    1 bouillon cube
    1 tsp of pesto
    Balsamic vinegar
    Spices (oregano, black pepper basil, salt)

Chop up the onion and garlic. Fry them in the oil until golden and add the chopped tomatoes and half a cup of water. Add the bouillon cube, spices and a dash of balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Finish it off with some salt and more spices if needed. If you want a completely smooth tomatosauce you can blend it using a hand blender. This recipe is good for 2 medium-sized pizzas, but I usually make a lot and then freeze it in appropriate sizes so I can just take some out whenever I am in the mood for pizza. This recipe is also great to eat with some pasta, one can just add some lentils, cheese (like feta or mozzarella) or beans and you're good to go!

LOVE THIS!
  • BrandiD56
    BrandiD56 Posts: 103
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas.
  • wonderwomanwannaB
    Options
    Just tried a Kashi frozen pizza last night. SO YUMMY! 700 kcals for the whole thing. So split one and have a big salad :)
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I came across a recipe using small naan breads a couple of days ago. Haven't tried it, but might be an option if you'd like a thicker crust.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I use sandwich thins for the crust. Just toast them up a little before you add your sauce and toppings so they are not soggy,
  • allysonb80
    allysonb80 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Taco Pizza:
    You can make you own crust, buy premade, use a tortilla or Flat out. Whatever your preferance.

Then go here:
    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/05/taco-pizza/
  • BlessedMoon
    BlessedMoon Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I also do the Flatout flatbread, I use the light Italian Herb. I do a quick spray of olive oil and pop it in the oven first by itself before I put on any toppings. Keep it in til you start to get a slight crisp, then take it out and add toppings. I do this so the middle will get crisp instead of soggy). I use natural tomato sauce no salt added, baby button mushrooms, a thinly sliced tomato, fresh basil leaves, 1/4 cup reduced fat feta cheese, and 1/4 cup part skim mozzarella. Yum!!

I eat the whole thing, it comes out to 260 calories, 12 fat grams, 24 carbs, 25 protein, and 917 sodium. Not too bad for pizza.
  • 37poohbear
    Options
    I make my own pizza with english muffins and iu can add what u want and all i eat is 1 whole and the kids really like it is not that expensive to make as u buy what u like for veggies and i also use the pitas bread wraps whole wheat one for me. Let me know how u like this and if it works for you and your budget too
  • 37poohbear
    Options
    I will for sure try this as we really love pizza and its is making me hungry....... then i will let u know how it turned out.
  • bugnsamsmom
    bugnsamsmom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thomas English Muffins, marinara/spaghetti sauce, shredded cheese, any toppings, bake them and then broil them in the oven until cheese is browned. Super reasonable calories and yummy.

Same here! Lots of Veggies! We also make taco pizzas and use salsa as the sauce. I've also used the bagel thins...but make sure to put a larger mushroom or other veggie over the hole. They cook up nice and crisp!
  • 228lrt
    228lrt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat pita works great-split in half and brown in oven first and then whatever toppings you like.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    For me with pizza its more about quantity than making it low calorie, but I do love a garlic, rosemary, bacon and potato pizza.
    Also sometimes on a wrap or tortilla I will make a saurkraut, bacon, spring onion, dijon mustard, with a little cheese pizza. You can eat the whole thing, or half with some salad, and its still quite low cal and tasty.
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I just have pizza on weekends if i'm craving it. If i happen to crave it any other time, i use sprouted grain bread, unsalted diced tomatoes, and shredded mozzarella and top with fresh mushrooms or green peppers. here's a healthy protein packed pizza from a you tube poster i follow
    >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtPbQEd3ND0&context=C45e318fADvjVQa1PpcFO9s0UW_m5v-Excm0IQMeAuaaSsRARBz9M=
  • Bookworm_Chris
    Bookworm_Chris Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I too was craving pizza today.. so decided to try my own version. I used Sandwich Flats as my 'crust'. (One whole sandwich flat is 100 calories). Made one for lunch with classic pizza sauce, reduced fat mozz, and turkey pepperoni. The second one I made for dinner I got more creative. I used ranch dressing (1 Tbsp, diced chicken tossed in buffalo sauce, diced tomato, and topped with a blend of low fat shredded mozz/cheddar). Tasted just as good as any buffalo chicken pizza I've ever had.

Here is a pic of the Pepperoni version: SandwichFlatPizza.jpg

And this is the Buffalo version:
    BuffaloChickenPizzaFlat-1.jpg

The pepperoni version was about 290 Cal, 13g Fat... and the Buffalo version was 383 calories, 16g fat. (which could easily be lessened by subbing Low fat or FF ranch). :smile:
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I use trader joe's frozen naan bread.. so simple put all the ingredients on and bake in oven until done..YUMMO! low in calories depending on what you put on it..great pizza fix