Staying away from sweets

Options
Does anyone have any secrets to stay away/off sweets

Replies

• gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm surprised this didn't get more hits. There are a lot of forum posts about this. I'd recommend using the search bar to find some more already developed topics. There are also some great low cal dessert posts in the recipe section if you want to make something healthy and sweet.

For me, I just try to drink a lot of water or go for a quick walk when the sweet cravings hit. I also always try to have frozen bananas with a bit of cinnamon sprinkled on top in the freezer -- sooo delicious as long as they don't turn into rocks lol. I'm also a huge fan of frozen grapes. Other things that can help kick your sweets cravings might be smoothies or greek yogurt with a bit of lemon and sugar or cut fruit. If it's cold out, try a steaming cup of sweet tea or hot chocolate. There are a lot of great options that can be filling and healthy. :)

I find myself cravings sweets most when I'm tired or bored, so often the best solution for me is just to take a nap. Good luck!
  • duhblond
    duhblond Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit is a big help.
    My family eats sweets around me all the time and it is difficult to not indulge.
    So I drink alot of water, eat the fruit and if needed I go take a walk, the walking helps me remember my goals :)
    Best of luck to you finding something to help.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit is good, also peanut butter.

Try this snack...
    Cut up an apple into slices and put some unsalted sunflower seeds on them. It is one of my oldschool favorite snacks. I used to eat this every day after work. Oddly enough I haven't had it in so long.
  • SouthernBelle_7
    Options
    I struggle with sweet cravings as well, but I try to find things to supplement my indulging in a fat slice of cheesecake. I just tried a new snack today that crushed my sweet craving...

1 whole wheat waffle (Eggo)
    1 tbs. almond butter
    1 tbs. strawberry preserves (or honey)
    1 piece of fruit (1/2 banana or apple)

Give it try!
  • Smithvalerie
    Smithvalerie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It's extremely hard for me too. However, I manage to get a small amount in. For example the kit kacs..I buy the mini sizes. Instead of the 280 calories for the regular size. My calories are only 42 for a smaller version. This is a life style change. I know it would be a lie if I said I was going to quit with the sweets all together. This works for me and I lose weight because I just add it to my daily calorie intake.
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    To satisfiy my sweet tooth I usually eat a small square of 88% organic dark chocalate with a mini box of raisins or fresh fruit. (they all have health benefits, even the chocolate so I don't feel guilty!).
  • Amy_nz
    Amy_nz Posts: 145
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth as well - I actually cut out all sweets just for a little while, so that my palate could 'readjust' to not having those intense processed sugars. Now if I've got a sweet craving I have a piece of fruit - it tastes waaaay sweeter than it used to and completely sorts me out!
  • dododo123
    dododo123 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just finished an entire Ritter Sport Strawberry Yogurt bar :( Gah!