Fitness dvds.

Options
Now I know in here the thought or the mention of a fitness dvd is probably a swear word, but I will be honest, sometimes I just really don't want to go outside! Its cold and rains a lot in england! So, does anyone have any good recommendation to any fitness dvdsi can jump around the living room too?

Replies

• dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i use netflix and i switch out exercise dvds about every 2 weeks. i love this because it keeps things different. i recently found step aerobics to be a great workout and I love Christy Taylor. it's kind of corny but i love the routines. good luck!
  • Numptcakes
    Numptcakes Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred and Davina McCalls Body Buff. Buy the first one and enjoy! Buy the second one and burn it with a smile on your face.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Zumba, 30 Day Shred, to name just two.
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Get a Wii!!!! I have about 3 different 'fitness trainers' that have workout programs that are just like a DVD....plus a million and two other activities that inclure holding the remote to monitor your movement. I ALWAYS work out inside. Doesn't matter where you sweat, as long as your getting into it!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    why would fitness dvds be bad? that's ALL I do and have done!

My favs are Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, ChaLean Extreme, Insanity and Tae Bo

I did a Biggest Loser workout today and it was pretty good!
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    The Jillian Michaels DVDs are pretty awesome. I like structure, so after doing 3 rounds of P90X I moved onto Body Revolution by Jillian Michaels (another 90 day program) and I'm loving it so far (6 weeks in). Her Banish Fat & Boost Metabolism is a good stand-alone, but her Ripped in 30 program, 30 Day Shred program, and 6 Week 6 Pack DVD are all good, too.

I also love Tae Bo. :P

(P.S. - Tons of folks on MFP use fitness DVDs. Definitely not a 'swear' word here!)
  • ChristinaWgettingfit
    Options
    I live off of fitness DVDs... I'm especially fond of anything Jillian Michaels, particularly No More Trouble Zones and the 30 Day Shred. I'm currently 44 days into her 90 day Body Revolution.
  • emilymeanssuccess
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Kickbox FastFix :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    That's all I use until I can afford to join a gym. Just finished The Butt Bible, which I thought was pretty awesome. It's free on youtube if you want to check it out. You don't have to use the smaller weights they use on the dvd, she encourages you to use bigger weights when you're ready. The third level will have you running to Home Depot for a padded toilet seat! I do love Jillian's dvd's and also Turbo Jam.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Not what you are asking for, but I prefer a treadmill at home. I don't care for group workouts and I can watch bad sci fi movies from the 60's while i sweat away on the mill.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    if its nice i still do dvds/wii games plus go outside. i do mostly zumba 2 wii. i love it. zumba dvds are also great if you dont have a wii
  • arayajane
    arayajane Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Zumba is fun, Budokon (Its starts with yoga and moves into martial arts). I love am/pm yoga, I may not break out into a hard core sweat but it does get my muscles warmed up!
  • flobee76
    flobee76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Fitness DVDs changed my life. I just started in March and I love to work-out. My body is changing and it's all from the working out at home! I've done 30 Day Shred and now Ripped in 30. :)
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I LOVE fitness videos!! Right now I'm completely digging JM's Killer Buns and Thighs. It's pretty tough but plenty fun and fast paced.

Oh, I also do some sort of Tae Bo 6 days a week. LOADS OF FUN!!!! This fall....after the desert heat has passed, I plan to do Insanity so I'm trying to get in shape for it now. LOL!!!
  • dwiebe85
    dwiebe85 Posts: 123
    Options
    bump
  • loasface
    loasface Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is a great way to start out. the 5 rockin' workouts dvd is a good one - lots of variety. I've been doing it for a few years and i absolutely love it! one of the nicest things about it is that it's actually a workout dvd where the instructor isn't insanely annoying. i love Chalene!!!

my best friend and I recently started the Turbo Fire program - it's SO amazing!!! we did one prep week and just finished week one of the schedule they provide with the dvd and are already seeing results!!! it's a very tough workout, but once you get the hang of it, it's actually quite addicting.

I've also done hip hop abs and yoga booty ballet. both are good, but nothing compares to Turbo Jam, in my opinion. =]

go to beachbody.com - they have everything you could ever imagine!!!
  • melbellkid
    Options
    Tae Bo is great...I got the weighted resistance bands with its Boot Camp Elite combo set...those give you one heck of a workout! Zumba is great too. I also found Supreme 90 Day at the Dollar Store in the As seen on TV section-it has 10 disks and is kind of the cheap version of P90X for 20.00
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, Zumba is great, too! We have it for the PS3, but I'd love to have the dvd's. I may have put a reminder on my phone to turn on QVC tonight at 8. :smile:
  • zambodiare
    Options
    I've recently been using Jillian Michael's circuit training for beginners. I like it! Before that I was using Wii Active, which is a lost like circuit training. I also have a set of Pilates dvds that are awesome for your core. So far, I've enjoyed Jillian's more than the rest and want to get the 30 day shred.
  • navy1984
    navy1984 Posts: 57
    Options
    Jilians 30 Day shred. I promise you will sweat harder then running! It's awsome!