It's been rough

The last week has been terrible which makes trying to keep this goal in mind hard.

We have a sick child in our family (our nephew). He was a healthy 8 year old boy 1.5years ago. Sept 1st he suffered seizures and they never stopped. He's now blind, deaf, mute and can no longer walk or feed himself. Everyday he has between 2-5 seizures (extreme seizures are 5 a month or so apparently). It was questionable what happened, what will happen, etc. This past week he suffered 9 seizures in one day and ended up in the hospital again. They discovered finally his brain is and will keep deteriorating till it's nothing. It's absolutely heart breaking and its taking a toll.

I was all pumped to purchase weight loss tools until my car decided to die. I had a mechanic swindle me out of 250 dollars to not fix the problem. Bah.

It's like - if nothing goes right then why bother? I know you have to just keep going and keep trucking. And I know I want to feel healthy again and have something to be proud of. Just tough you know? It doesn't help I'm living in a town where I have no friends and family due to work circumstances of my partner. It's hard to keep motivated. My partner isnt so keen about my new goal either as his previous relationship ended over a personal trainer actually (lol in a twisted way).

I guess this is more of a whiney post and I apologize. I just needed to tell someone (even faceless people on a site I'm new to) so that I can maybe truck through and get on with things. Thanks.

Replies

• MaerMollie
    MaerMollie Posts: 12 Member
    Hang in there.
    This too, shall pass.
    The more obstacles you face and overcome, the stronger you come out on the other side.
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    You're going thru a rough patch right now-know that it can't continue forever! You have to go on no matter how difficut it gets-the journey will make you a stronger person. Know that you have support on this site, even if it's from nameless, faceless people. We feel your pain and struggles but are always willing ot lend a helping hand/ear. Hang in there and don't give up!!! :heart: :heart:
  • ShaeSweetie
    ShaeSweetie Posts: 156 Member
    Im sorry to hear that all! Its horrible i know! i havent been through the same exact thing but i had to watch my best friend pass away....it was extremely hard..and still is..mind you i wasnt dieting at the time, but the point is to stay strong becaue when everything is said and done you will feel the best about yourself in the end! You wouldnt want to add onto your troubles by feeling bad about yourself as well..that would just lead to one crazy person in the end! Iam here for you if you need anything! Even if you wanna just message me to talk i dont care..im here to support you!! Much love!
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Deal with things in the moment. Don't let the heartaches and problems build until you are bowed under by them... I have been there,13 years of constant stresses amplified by my own wallowing nature. !3years that I can never get back. Don't let people take advantage,something I am just starting to learn how to avoid, and be there for those who need you. Best of luck and I am sorry that life seems so hard right now for you.