30 day shred...

Options
Super stoked! Just bought Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD... It should be here by mid next week. I have been looking at before and after pics of people and omg let's just say I can't wait to see my results from it! How did you like it when you did the shred??

Replies

• kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am not liking Level 2...it's hard! Level 1 was easy. That's where she hooks you in! ;-) Good luck. Lots of people on here doing 30DS.
  • lisa_md
    lisa_md Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I recently ordered 30DS from Amazon when it was on sale. I did the first level before but stopped. I am looking for someone who would like to start it at the same time for support. Interested?
  • JenMarie826
    JenMarie826 Posts: 143
    Options
    Sure that sounds good! Wait until I get mine in the mail before you start it! Lol
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    There's a bunch of people on MFP that are planning to start it May 1st. Someone is creating a group for it.
  • Jersey14
    Jersey14 Posts: 40
    Options
    I just finished day 13 of the shred and I know I am extremely out of shape but level 1 is still hard for me. I still stop to take a quick breather in the beginning but I am able to get through the rest. It is very challenging but you will get through it if you put your mind to it. You'll be cussing at Jillian in no time :)
  • ishax24
    ishax24 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I received my copy on Saturday and started yesterday.. So far its ok, bit of a shock to the system going straight through with no break. Looking at other peoples before and after pics makes me excited to see how my body will change on it. :)
  • sheerjay
    sheerjay Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ive done the program before and found it a lot easier to do it 4-5 days a week. Let your body rest and recover so you dont burn out. It gives great results. Ive started it again and on Day 2 of it today- feel free to join me :)
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have it, but it's been awhile since i've done it last. Like well over a year ago. Probably more like 2. I've been thinking about starting it up again.
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    I'm on level 2 and I only do the video 3 days a week. I use it more as a supplement to my other workouts.
  • JenMarie826
    Options
    Awesome :) I am hoping to get it by may 1st but sometimes UPS is slow lol
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I finished Day 6 today on level 1. The first couple of days were really hard. I already see results in my body! My arms and stomach look more toned and my endurance has increased too
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2 and I love it in fact today I did level one and two separate times but still. It kicks your butt literally. I hate listening to her talk but love the work out!
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I just finished it last weekend and must say I love Jillian :heart: lol. 30DS was the longest I ever stuck to a workout and it was the right amount of challenging and doable :smile: I can't say for sure how much weight I've lost through it, maybe 2-4 pounds (my weight fluctuates a lot throughout the day), but I've definitely gotten stronger! Level 2 was hard on the knees, so had to modify some of the moves for it, but it does prepare you for Level 3. Have fun!! It'll be awesome.
  • palmera99
    Options
    I just completed it...I've had the DVD for a while and ever only did level 1 until last month when I challenged myself to do all 3 levels in 30 days and a friend of mine helped keep me accountable. Great experience. I guess my only suggestion would be to take a few additional minutes to stretch at the end- don't want to injure self and be unable to workout.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    On Day 4 of level one. I'm making a point to do it everyday for a month and keep up with 5 days a week of 45 minute cardio sessions. I have faith that it will work and will start Ripped in 30 in June!
  • kandy221
    kandy221 Posts: 79
    Options
    I'm on level 2 and find the "plank" work difficult, does anyone else? I sometimes do level 2 then level 1 in the same day, as level 1 still kicks my butt. I now put on music and turn the volumn down on the tv so I don't have to listen to Jillian saying the same thing everyday.
  • Lynvincible26
    Options
    I started tonight, so anyone starting it that wants to add me please do!

Found it tough going but I'd just done a 40min jog and the first 20 mins of Plyo-X.... I tend to mix it up a little too much lol x
  • JenMarie826
    Options
    I live challenging workouts so I am preparing myself for the famous *kitten* killing by Jillian lol I am loving the goods reviews about it!!
  • my2gr8boys
    Options
    I'm on level 2 and find the "plank" work difficult, does anyone else? I sometimes do level 2 then level 1 in the same day, as level 1 still kicks my butt. I now put on music and turn the volumn down on the tv so I don't have to listen to Jillian saying the same thing everyday.

I totally agree!! The plank work in level 2 is killer! By the end, I can barely keep myself up anymore!!
  • gdkerplunk
    gdkerplunk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 8, Level 1. This is the furthest I've gotten so far. I must finish this damn thing in 30 days! :)

Since I've only ever experienced Level 1, the hardest move for me was the side lunge move with the lateral arm raises. Oh.. my... god. I am now at the point where it's much easier, but the buuuuurn in the shoulders when you're done? Hot damn! You really feel it! Like fire flowing through your shoulders. Phew!