Question for plus size ladies out there?

Options
I did not exercise until I started this site in July so I am clueless at somethings. I am using the leslie sansone walk a thome videos and really enjoy them but to be frank my large chest tends to hinder me. I have looked at Walmart and target for a sports bra but they don't have them in the size I need I looked online but only found some for over $35 and money is tight. I currently wear a size 48 DDD and that is since they shrank. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to either keep them out of the way or where I can find a sports bra to fit that won't break the bank?:embarassed:

Replies

• Solandra
    Options
    Look at Wal-Mart in the section that has Cross My Heart or Just My Size brands for a "minimizer" bra. They're more comfortable than a Sports Bra (in that they have actual structured support instead of just mooshing things flatter), and have the same... err... controlling properties.

Mom calls them "upper topper flopper stoppers."
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Mom calls them "upper topper flopper stoppers."
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Before my reduction as a 'larger than' DDD (who knows what size I was, I didn't WANT to know), I wore a regular bra under my sports bra. It worked.... ish. :ohwell:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I don't think you'll have much luck finding a bra anywhere other than at a specialty store, or at the very least, a plus size store. I wear a 46C, and I can only find a bra at Penningtons- $50'ish. Crazy. I lucked out and found one recently at a thrift store- brand new, and I got it for a couple of dollars. If you have any thrift stores in your area, try those. I know it kills me to spend $50 on a bra, but sometimes you just have to break down and do it. Until you find one, try doubling up your bras.
  • Deb1971
    Deb1971 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I bought one online from JMS. Cotton and Spandex Wirefree Sports Bra only 12.99
    I believe they went up to a 48 E..
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I did not exercise until I started this site in July so I am clueless at somethings. I am using the leslie sansone walk a thome videos and really enjoy them but to be frank my large chest tends to hinder me. I have looked at Walmart and target for a sports bra but they don't have them in the size I need I looked online but only found some for over $35 and money is tight. I currently wear a size 48 DDD and that is since they shrank. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to either keep them out of the way or where I can find a sports bra to fit that won't break the bank?:embarassed:

I too do the Leslie Sansone tapes and I love them! I had/have the same problem. Even with losing weight my size has gone down but the cup size is still DDD. I bought a couple MAX sports bras from Walmart and then I bought a one on line through Just My Size. It was pretty expensive though. What I did before that and what you might try is wearing 2 maximum bras on TOP of your regular bra and then a tank top (tight fitting) over all that. It helped quite a bit and though it sounds uncomfortable it wasn't.

Great job so far! Keep up the good work and good luck!
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I am a 40D and I STILL have to double up sometimes. Another thing- once you a bra, don't put it in the dryer. If you can avoid, don't put it in the wash either, but with the amount of sweat that I have that's just not realistic. By not drying it you can keep it stronger longer.
  • kristen5286
    kristen5286 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I bought one online from JMS. Cotton and Spandex Wirefree Sports Bra only 12.99
    I believe they went up to a 48 E..

E is only a DD... I know Fredricks of Hollywood makes F bras (DDD).. they are like $25 and you can wear it under a sports bra.. Obviously they don't have sports bras there but they have regular ones that aren't all super sexy and lacey
  • Dorena150
    Dorena150 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You might want to try "doubling up" meaning wearing a bra with cups and a sports Bra. Title Nine is a sports catalog for women but they only go up to a 44 as far as I know. I know how hard it is to find a supportive Bra. Good Luck!!!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    if you have a big lots they some times have brand name bras in large sizes at a low price
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Try Lane Bryant. Their bras are about $36 (some times they go on sale for BOGO), they are really comfortable, and they go up to 48 DDD (or H in some of the other band widths). I was devistated when I lost too much weight to use their bras. I pay almost twice as much for my bras now because it's really hard to find 32DDD.
  • debtdummy
    Options
    cant u use ebay from the uk, shock absorber and jack is good make.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    http://www.titlenine.com/product/sports-bras-and-undies/medium-high-impact-sports-bras/313801.do?sortby=ourPicks&page=2#

This is the Enell bra. I know that it's really, really pricey. But, it's also completely life-changing. I thought I was a woman who could never do high-impact anything. I no longer have to wear two-three bras at a time, and still bounce. The girls don't move. . .even when I run or jump. It's amazing.

I buy one at a time (I've had my current one for three years, and it's still great. They last for years. . .I wash it in cold and then hang to dry. . .it dries fast). I wasted countless dollars on sports bras (20-30 dollars at a time) until I finally broke down and bought this.

HTH.:flowerforyou: