Exams....struggling!

Options
Hello
i'm currently in the middle of my uni exams and the stress is causing me to reach for the snacks like crazy. I dont have the best willpower at the best of times, but usually i can resist. Recently though i have just gorged my way through chocolate, crisps,sweets, you name it!
what can I do to stop this! it seems I could eat for england and still not get full! though i know i dont feel hungry.
i have eaten so much today i feel literally stones heavier :(

love from
a very bloated beach whale of a student

Replies

• mjg08060
    mjg08060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation. The worst part is we are consuming all of these extra calories and we are stressed. When were stressed out body releases cortisol which causes us to gain even more weight. The result is pure weight gain. I am unsure of what to do to. I have gained just 14 lbs. this semester (almost 5 months, thats 3 lbs. a month) and im afraid its going to steadily climb. I hate it.
  • Nikki8780
    Options
    I am constantly struggling with eating too much. It used to not matter because I did not gain anything due to drug usage, but ever since I have been clean and going to school I have just ben so hungry. I am always looking for something to eat, and I never have enough time in the day to do anything other than take care of my daughter. Summer is here, and I still cannot find the time to exercise because of the workload. I need to lose my gut, and I want to get into my skinny jeans again. What do I do?
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up my second year of law school and have successfully lost more than 30 pounds this semester. What I do is portion out snacks that are good for me and keep them accessible. That seems to help in two ways. Physically, I'm not eating junk and that helps me with energy and thinking clearly. Mentally, I can't use food-seeking as an excuse to distract me from my work; I used to get frustrated or stressed at studying, and then spend 20 minutes getting a bag of chips! So it's helping both with the weight loss and with focusing on my schoolwork.
  • catattack13
    catattack13 Posts: 117
    Options
    plan your days better. today I ate half a pint of ice cream for dinner, and had a perfect calorie count and macros. healthy food doesn't have to be complicated and take lots of time to make. and THEN you can stuff your face with amazing things later on ;)
  • ajohn252
    ajohn252 Posts: 158
    Options
    I'm just coming up on the end of my university exams and am feeling the
    same stress you are. It feels like you have to choose between studying, focusing
    on school and trying to make the healthiest choices possible.
    I'd just keep thinking the better you eat and the more you are active the more your brain will be to
    take in information.
    Don't beat yourself up for little slip ups.