Having a hard time eating all calories !

Options
Anyone else having this problem ? Im finding that at the end of the day, my caloric intake is always less then what it should be. I am eating plenty and dont feel hungry. No way I can eat my exercise calories. Any advice is appreciated. :wink:

Replies

• Lynvincible26
    Options
    I dont' either, and if I do it's very rarely.

I'm still losing weight anyway!

I think it just depends on your general activity level etc, and appetite!

Just eat when hungry ( the right stuff) and you can't really go wrong.

Good luck :) x
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I never have this problem! If I did I wouldn't worry to much about it. I really dont think you should force yourself to eat if you are not hungry.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    After exercising 600 - 1000 calories a day I also never eat all of my calories back. I take in approximately 1500 - 1700 calories each day and am not hungry - if I am I eat, if not I don't worry about it. I have lost all 42 pounds since January 10, 2012 - some might say that it is too fast but my doctor says differently and he is the one that I listen to. This is working really well for me - feel great, more energy than I have had in years, and I am loving the difference in my body (44 tight to 38 waist - woohoo!). My wife loves the new me too!
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Add in high calorie healthy selections to meals. Throw nuts and avocado into a salad for example. Both contain healthy fat which ups your calories but both are good for you!
  • happilysingle69
    happilysingle69 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    OMG you must had read my mind I was just about to ask that same question.. me to Any suggestions?
  • kimmers1027
    kimmers1027 Posts: 122
    Options
    Thank You everyone.. Doug that is amazing. I am definitely more motivated after reading these posts.. I have only been on here for about 10 days and so far it is working and I do feel much better. I did notice though that people that eat a little more tend to lose more. Hoping I am doing this all right.
  • kimmers1027
    Options
    Thank You Monica.. I love avocado but am allergic to nuts. So sad
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I don't worry too much about the numbers game. Everybody's body is different, food measurements are never exact, and the suggested numbers are guesswork to begin with. I often don't get above 1000 calories, but it doesn't bother me. As long as those calories come from whole, nutritious foods and I'm not denying myself food in the interest of weight loss, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. It certainly can't be worse than eating three times as many calories in the form of Doritos and Coca-Cola. Still, I'm careful to watch my macro levels and I take a multivitamin just to ensure I'm not deficient in anything important.
  • kimmers1027
    Options
    Thank You Zug.. That definitely helps. Im just going to keep doing what Im doing. Its working.. :))
  • montgomery64
    Options
    I'm doing the same, but I'm going over on my fats. I really like fitness pal I have a track on what I'm doing wrong. Now I just have to adjust my meal so I don't eat so much fat....but I do love my butter.
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm in your same boat. I burn approximately 800 calories a day and I can barely make it to eat 1000 calories a day. I only seem to go over my recommended 1,500 calories on Sundays, because I love pasta and pizza and I usually eat one of those options that particular day of the week.

What bugs me is that I'm in a weightloss plateau, but I already was in a plateau burning less calories than I burn now. I really don't know how to eat more calories (with low fat food of course).

I'll take the advice of using nuts, sounds like a good idea!
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    You should look on this post 'in place of a road map' which explains how much you should eat and why, you should NET at least BMR to give your body enough fule for essential functions. You will lose weight initially by eating too little, but eventually this will reduce your lean muscle, which reduces your bmr, which means you can eat less, rinse and repeat!!!

The allowance given by MFP is NET therefore you must eat back exercise to achieve this, see your goal page.

Net Calories Consumed*
    Your Daily Goal xxx calories/ day
    Daily Calorie Deficit xxx calories
    Projected Weight Loss xxx lbs/ week

* Net Calories Consumed = Total Calories Consumed - Exercise Calories Burned

Try eating higher calorie foods, if you cant have nuts you can use full fat dairy, olive oil, avocado etc to get your cals up without having to eat more.
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh send me some of your calories - I'll have them! I'm eating an average of 1700 calories a day and have just increased to 1800 this week not eating back exercise calories based on the page linked to by em3971.

My diary's open if you want to check out where I get my calories from but seeds, nuts, peanut butter and avocado are calorie dense and are good fats to have plus I love them and love the fact that I can eat them and still lose weight :)
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    LOL I know how it feels. As I'm writing this I'm also eating some oatmeal made with milk and a whole banana tossed in for the extra calories. It feels so gross because I am not hungry at all. But if I don't make myself eat enough during the day, I'm forced with either stuffing myself at night or ending the day at under 1200 cals (which I did yesterday unfortunately.) It's just so difficult to get to that calorie goal when you are eating healthier foods, especially when you don't have much of an appetite. The lack of apetite is my downfall.