My 8 year old just hit a grand slam

iam_thatdude
iam_thatdude Posts: 1,266 Member
Team was down 6-0, he gets up and hits his first ever home run...which with bases loaded was a grand slam. Im so mad missed it since im on the road, but I coudlnt be prouder. His team won 14-6 and he threw the last kid out of the game with a bullet from 3rd.

Sorry for the very personal stuff on here, but im just proud.

Replies

• MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 801 Member
    Awesome!!! What a proud papa moment!!!
  • iam_thatdude
    No doubt, my wife was relaying this to me over the phone and my eyes literally started watering. I know, I know.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    That's Great
  • beeker75
    beeker75 Posts: 109
    Awesome!!! Hopefully someone got it on video for you!! :)
  • Team was down 6-0, he gets up and hits his first ever home run...which with bases loaded was a grand slam. Im so mad missed it since im on the road, but I coudlnt be prouder. His team won 14-6 and he threw the last kid out of the game with a bullet from 3rd.

Sorry for the very personal stuff on here, but im just proud.

Outstanding!!!
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 684 Member
    That's so great!
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,978 Member
    No doubt, my wife was relaying this to me over the phone and my eyes literally started watering. I know, I know.

this undoes the damage many ridiculous threads have done to your credibility. congrats!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    That is AWESOME!!!
  • iam_thatdude

this undoes the damage many ridiculous threads have done to your credibility. congrats!

AH cmon, u do realize my other threads have stamped me as an all knowing seer into the human psyche. Also, I blew the lid off the whole dog coke cartel thing.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,809 Member
    YAY!!!! Congrats!!!!
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    That's fantastic!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    That's awesome! You better take him out for ice cream when you get home! :drinker:
  • That is great, I bet he was on cloud nine after such a great game!!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    that is so awesome. I miss those days so much.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Yay!!! Thats awesome :)
  • Awesome!! Congrats dad! I'll be you're super proud. You don't need to apologize for personal stuff. :smile: It's nice to share stuff like this!
  • kzangus
    kzangus Posts: 2
    Awesome!!! It was fun reading this! Don't apologize for being a proud parent! : )
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Very cool. Love it when the kids do something that makes me proud. Enjoy the moment when you get to see him in person, too!