Looking for Active Friends for the Last Stubborn 20!

Options
gypsybug
gypsybug Posts: 106 Member
I'm looking to add some new, active MFPers that can relate to the sheer torture of being so close ... yet so far! I'm in that last 20 lbs, trying to figure out the best way to eat and how many calories will work to ease me into maintenance without plateauing. (hopefully before I go crazy crunching the numbers!)

I've recently incorporated weight training to my routine and I'm starting that mental shift from losing weight to getting fit.

Sadly, a number of my pals here have gone inactive lately and I'd like to liven it up!

Any takers?

Replies

• Ava1964
    Ava1964 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    "Ooooh! Ooooh!" said Horshack! Happy to meet you. I'm relatively new and in same category... consider me a taker!
  • ChristinaWgettingfit
    Options
    I'm trying to lose the last 10, and I'm severely struggling.
    Adding you as a friend :)
    Hopefully we can encourage one another to keep working
  • cattraxs
    cattraxs Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Already down 30 but looking at 20 more to get to my goal weight. And like you, finally incorporating the fitness into the equation. Ready to get started!
  • gypsybug
    Options
    Haha the more the merrier! 10-20 begone!
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    We're already friends, but I so totally hear you on the struggle. I'm trying to eat more, but I feel like I'm not making any progress. I know slow and steady wins the race, but when you're so close it's hard to wait any longer! I'm not sure what to do. I'm going to stick out eating more for a while longer to see if it helps. I do NOT want to lose muscle.

It helps to have friends who are active on here. I hope you get a bunch more.
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    I want to lose 30 lbs and I am active daily. Add me if you like. You can do it !
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I have been fighting to lose the last 15-20lbs forever! At this point I want to get 15 pounds gone and see if I really need to work on the extra 5! I workout like a machine. My main problem is food and drinks hehe.
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    oooh me! I recently started being active again. I'm 141 and want to get to about 125. I just started weight training using resistance bands and am starting c25k tomorrow
  • gypsybug
    Options
    Ok I think I got all that didn't grab me first. (oh that sounds flirty)

Friend each other too!

@Kincar you will always be my MFP twin! It's hard and I know we are inching our way along. Literally. It helps knowing I'm not alone.
  • Mrs_Moe
    Mrs_Moe Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Lost 50, trying to get rid of the last 10 to 15. Scale not moving but body is looking better.
    You all can feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • spider1968
    Options
    I AM IN!!!!!! I am trying to get rid of the last 15!!! It would have been 10 if not for those darn eastercream eggs!!!!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Added you! I have 19 to go.. just broke a 3 week plateau! I went from up 1 lb last week to down 6 lbs this week :) I say my goal is 19 more.. but my real goal is 25% bf. If I'm not there at 19 lbs.. I gotta keep going til I get there.. then set a new goal :)

Good luck!! U can do it!
  • margebouvier
    margebouvier Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have 20 or so still to go - 22 down so far. Friend-ing some of you ladies!
  • gypsybug
    Options
    Wow this group is growing! That last 10, 20 and 30ish is a real stickler. Who knew it would be this hard right at the end!? SO glad to have found others in the same place. :D
  • tnmomof3
    tnmomof3 Posts: 177
    Options
    the hardest for me is these last 20 pounds