Give me your ideas!

Options
nakedsun
nakedsun Posts: 115
My partner has his ex girlfriend's initials tattooed on his forarm. It's huge and bold and always BAM staring me in the face.

He has said he would get something tattooed over it eventually but thus far he doesn't seem to quick to do so. So I have decided I will come up with (pending some awesome ideas from you guys) stellar ideas that he should use instead. I'm just curious to what sort of ideas will be thrown out there. Crazy, non crazy, whatever. Let's get rid of that lovely/horrid 'VS'! Wooo!

Replies

• OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    I don't have any tattoo ideas, but I do have an opinion. Next best thing. :)

It sounds like you are more threatened by this reminder of his ex. It is just a tattoo, make up some new definition for the initials and don't get that drag you down. He's with you, not her, you shouldn't rush him into something that he'll do in his own time.
  • aejohnson7
    aejohnson7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My husband has a mess of tattoos. His sleeve is really awesome, and he actually didn't really come up with the idea for it - he just found an awesome artist and let him do his thing. Sometimes that's the best bet. But in the way of ideas....I'm a big fan of symbolism. Maybe there's something that's symbolic to him...?
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Just cut his freakin' arm off, that's what I'd do!...LOL. heck, he's got another one to keep you happy! :laugh:
  • nakedsun
    Options
    Oh for the record, while Im not CRAZY about the reminder of her it doesn't really bug me. I've let it be for a long while now.
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    What are the initials?
  • nakedsun
    Options
    VS

Once upon a time his mum tried to convience me it meant him VERSUS the world lol.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    He should go see his tattoo guy and he can tell him what will cover it up. It's tough to do a cover-up tattoo, you can't just say "hey I want this over that." The design has to be able to work over the former tattoo, or else it won't look right. Also, tattoos are expensive, do you think maybe he hasn't done it yet because he doesn't have the money to do it yet? Just wondering....
  • nakedsun
    Options
    He should go see his tattoo guy and he can tell him what will cover it up. It's tough to do a cover-up tattoo, you can't just say "hey I want this over that." The design has to be able to work over the former tattoo, or else it won't look right. Also, tattoos are expensive, do you think maybe he hasn't done it yet because he doesn't have the money to do it yet? Just wondering....

Nah. I think he's a) Lazy and b) doesn't want to get something else he'll regret.
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I thought the initials would give me some great ideas, but no sorry - I've got nuthin...
  • LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have a cover-up tattoo. When I went in the guy (who did the original one) suggested I get an 8-ball tattooed over it. Idiot! I opted for a butterfly. You would never know.

I guess it would depend on what he likes and how big it is. But if it reads from left to right as apposed to top to bottom, maybe a tribal band. Or he can go crazy and get a big *kitten* dragon or whatever manly type tattoo to cover the entire forearm. You find the right artist, he or she can do anything.

All I can think about with those initials is Victoria's Secret.
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    I thought the initials would give me some great ideas, but no sorry - I've got nuthin...
    What?!

It would be perfect for a VS of some great iconic people. Batman Vs. Joker, Vampires Vs. Zombies, etc.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Change your name to um... Victoria Smith
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    VSOP - very special old pale - a cognac classification; the highest quality.
  • nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If he won't get it fixed, maybe you can convince yourself that it stands for Very Sexy? :D
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    What?!

It would be perfect for a VS of some great iconic people. Batman Vs. Joker, Vampires Vs. Zombies, etc.

the above work as well, or you could say he is a pearl jam fan its to honor his favorite album Vs from the early 90's.
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    haha classic my exgirlfriend has my name tatooed on her back...
  • ShaeSweetie
    ShaeSweetie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    i would never tattoo anyones initials on me or name or anything..even if were married for 30 years haha Funny story real quick..when my mom and dad got divorced he had her whole face tattooed on his arm..in no time my dad turned her face into a skeleton haha so now he has a big skeleton tattooed on his arm...classic! haha idk what 2 tell ya i wouldnt say badger him about it cuz itd make him think your crazy probably..id just make up funny new name for the tattoo and if he ever brings her up just refer to her as the new name haha VS....hmmmm vaginal syphilis...hahahaha thats his ex gf...