Need advice!!!

Options
Hello World,
I was in a car accident in December and as a result have a bum leg. I can stand to do exercises but squats, running, jogging, bike riding, etc are all out of the question until my leg rebuilds enough muscle. Does anyone have suggestions for what I could do to boost my cardio output even though i have a bad leg?

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Hello World,
    I was in a car accident in December and as a result have a bum leg. I can stand to do exercises but squats, running, jogging, bike riding, etc are all out of the question until my leg rebuilds enough muscle. Does anyone have suggestions for what I could do to boost my cardio output even though i have a bad leg?

Are you allowed to do swimming? That will help no end and will be absolutely no strain on your bad leg.
  • Tulukki
    Tulukki Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I can swim but I can't drive, so I can't get to a pool :(
  • anarose13
    anarose13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    there is a bunch of palates moves you can do while laying on the floor thats good for your core and cardio. swimming, and in general walking to the best of your ability would probably be best. i dont think your gonna find alot to do till your leg heals. maybe try to weight training to tone your upper half? give your leg time to heal hun, you've already made leaps in progress.
  • anarose13
    anarose13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    your insurance should have a phone number for a shuttle service you can call to pick you up and take you where you need to go hun. you might wanna look into that.
  • Tulukki
    Tulukki Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    there is indeed a shuttle service but it's for doc appointments etc only. They don't do basic transportation.