Hello everyone!

Options
Hi! I came here looking for a way to keep track of my calories. I'm so glad this site is free, I've been putting off loosing weight b/c I kept telling myself we couldn't afford weight loss programs (weight watchers, ect). It was all just an excuse, but it sounded good. Now, I have no excuses.

I have struggled with a "spare tire" most of my life. I lost all the extra in my middle when I was 19. A month later, I found out I was pregnant. I went from 115 before the pregnancy to 180lbs two yrs later.
I started losing agian.

I lost 20 lbs, just to find out that I was pregnant agian. During this pregnancy I didn't do so well on the glucose tolerance test, so I was put on "The Diet". After being told that I would have a 10 lb baby if I didn't stick to the diet, I followed it perfectly. I counted every carb and every gram of sugar, only over indulging once. I delivered a 9 lb baby 2 weeks early and weighed 125 the day I left the hospital. By my next appt, I weighed 114lbs.:happy:

Now 2 years later, I am at 161lbs and it sucks.:sad: I can see 180 creeping up on me, so it's time to do something. (I do kinda have the fear of getting prego agian....history does like to repeat itself.)

Replies

• Bre&CJ'sMom
    Options
    Hi! I came here looking for a way to keep track of my calories. I'm so glad this site is free, I've been putting off loosing weight b/c I kept telling myself we couldn't afford weight loss programs (weight watchers, ect). It was all just an excuse, but it sounded good. Now, I have no excuses.

I have struggled with a "spare tire" most of my life. I lost all the extra in my middle when I was 19. A month later, I found out I was pregnant. I went from 115 before the pregnancy to 180lbs two yrs later.
    I started losing agian.

I lost 20 lbs, just to find out that I was pregnant agian. During this pregnancy I didn't do so well on the glucose tolerance test, so I was put on "The Diet". After being told that I would have a 10 lb baby if I didn't stick to the diet, I followed it perfectly. I counted every carb and every gram of sugar, only over indulging once. I delivered a 9 lb baby 2 weeks early and weighed 125 the day I left the hospital. By my next appt, I weighed 114lbs.:happy:

Now 2 years later, I am at 161lbs and it sucks.:sad: I can see 180 creeping up on me, so it's time to do something. (I do kinda have the fear of getting prego agian....history does like to repeat itself.)
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bre&CJ's Mom!:flowerforyou:
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    hi welcome :smile:
    j~
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome:flowerforyou: Your body has gone through a lot of changes during your pregnancies, and it's good that you are trying to get control of your weight now. It seems the longer you wait the harder it gets. Congratulations on your healthy babies. My mom was a very petite lady and had a 10lb baby boy. It's odd to look at her picture holding him, she was so tiny.:smile: I know your going to like this site, everyone here is very supportive and caring. Enjoy your new lifestyle to better health.:drinker:
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Welcome, you will love this site. With my first child my doctors told me that my GTT was fine but I did deliver a 10lb 10oz baby boy, he will be 13 next week and is a bean pole (super skinny) don't know where that came from.

Good luck on your weight loss! :flowerforyou:
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, this is a great site that will help you make your life style changes and new habbits.
  • Rachael2179
    Rachael2179 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    hi and Welcome:flowerforyou: