TRYING to resist temptation

Options
Bumdrahp
Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
Hello All :)

I am pretty new here ( created this act a while back, just rejoined today without realizing I even had an old act!) and Looking for friends to help me stay motivated and on track. For years and years I never thought I had a food problem.. meaning, feeling addicted.. but, this last year has really shown me!!! I had lost 60 lbs, and then it just stopped. I just stopped! I don; have a reason, and I don't know why. I gained 30 back and still, at 60 wasn't at my goal! But the temptation of chocolate, burgers, ice cream, and my sofa did me in really good.

If there is any advice anyone can give me to help me keep my head in the game , I would appreciate it. So far I have lost 5 lbs out of the 50 I set for myself this time around. My lifestyle change is hard, and I just want to eat! I think about food all day. I wish I could get it out of my head!!

Replies

• strawberry904
    Options
    i actually do portions...it has been helping alot. i still eat whoppers,ice cream etc but i log it into here then see my remainder calories and stop to where i dont go over. im just counting calories nothing else plus drinking alot of water and i guess u should b fine if do a lil extra exercise. if u exercise more (add it to ut exercise goal)and it'll bring ur calories u can consume up also. hope i helped cuz believe me junk calls me too :X and maybe try to subsitute for a less calorie/healthier thing u may just like it better :)
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I was very strict with myself the first couple weeks. Once my body got used to the diet change I stopped craving so many foods. I still have some cravings, but I can usually work past them or find a good substitute now. Also, when I had a craving I would keep drinking water and it would usually go away eventually.

I've only been on here a month, but I guess what I did worked, because even the thought of fast food makes me feel gross now.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I know exactly what you mean...and it is SUPER hard to eat well when the bad stuff tastes sooo good!

I can only say that it's easier if you plan your meals and eat throughout the day so you don't feel deprived of food in general.

I don't completely cut out the things I love, I find healthier alternatives, and sometimes, I cheat. I don't binge on crazy stuff all day, but the more your completely cut out the things you love, the more you feel restricted and the stronger the urge to rebel...at least for me.

I love love love ice cream, so every once in a while, I'll have a Weight Watcher's Fudge Bar or a Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sammich...still ice cream and still delicious, but way less calories, fat and sugar than a Drumstick or Ben & Jerry's.

Finding alternatives for those moments of weakness is key for me, so I don't feel deprived and left out.
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    See every time i go to the market I go by the icecreams and check out the skinny cow ice creams! I SOO want to, but I am terrified of rebounding, I feel like i need to be strict, but doing so I find myself thinking of chocolate cake.. and until I have it.. I will keep thinking of it!! I NEED to keep track of my caloric intake so I can see where I have room for a small treat. I have a huge sweet tooth! I'm fairly new to this whole lifestyle change so finding alternatives seems somewhat difficult for me.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Definately portions sizes, I try to eat before I get hungry to avoid me making bad choices and I try new thing out so I eat things I enjoy rather than trying to eat low calorie cardboard! Good luck!:drinker:
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    if that's a recent profile pic, i don't think you need to lose 50lbs!? you look great in your picture :smile:
  • AlexJourneyHall
    AlexJourneyHall Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I recommend you try multiple methods. I know that what I've had to do. Right now, I do accountability posts on fb to fitness friends only. I also have alternative food options. As in the healthier versions of everything. I'm pushing myself to eat more veggies and I've gone so far as to stop carrying money with me when I go to school so I don't buy junk. I think you'll have to go through trial and error to find what you need. I'm definitely on another trial and I am hoping it sticks. I've lost only 20 lbs and I stopped for a while but now I'm back in it for the long haul.

Bikini babe by summer!

Friend me if you'd like!

And Good luck!
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    It is recent, however its a headshot! Never know whats underneath haha! I can post some body pictures soon! I'm only 5'2 and quit heavy for my height.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    See every time i go to the market I go by the icecreams and check out the skinny cow ice creams! I SOO want to, but I am terrified of rebounding, I feel like i need to be strict, but doing so I find myself thinking of chocolate cake.. and until I have it.. I will keep thinking of it!! I NEED to keep track of my caloric intake so I can see where I have room for a small treat. I have a huge sweet tooth! I'm fairly new to this whole lifestyle change so finding alternatives seems somewhat difficult for me.

My sister was a complete junk food junkie...I'm being completely serious. She lived solely on junk food for years. Cadbury eggs, cookies, cake, cupcakes, ice cream, reese's pb cups, always ate out. Home dinners consisted of a bowl of frosted flakes...sometimes 2. She decided one day to just stop. Literally no more sweets. If she can do it, anyone can. For real. She is 9 weeks in and going strong...and looking great, by the way.

YOU CAN DO IT. PROMISE.
  • TheDudette
    TheDudette Posts: 174
    Options
    Don't eat yucky "diet" foods that leave you unsatisfied. Try having a healthy outlook on your food choices while still treating yourself here and there. Concentrate on enjoying smaller portions of the foods you love instead of worrying about whether or not the food you're eating will fill you up or not. Deprivation makes me pissy and causes me to snarl at unsuspecting strangers. I don't advise it. Healthy portions of healthy yummy foods with a treat now and then is where it's at.
  • Balance27
    Balance27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I like sweets too. But tracking my food has helped me convince myself that the sweets aren't worth it. Now that doesn't mean I have sworn off chocolate, but when my entire dinner is about 350 calories the 200+ I waste on a Hershey's bar just isn't worth it to me. I have learned that a couple of Hershey's kisses can satisfy a craving.

Good luck to you!!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    You can do it...we all can! I'm just a few days in. I have had the biggest sweet tooth. M&M's, Pay Days you name it. I miss them already. But as stated by Balance27. I would rather have a couple hundred cal meal than a hershey bar etc. I need more friends as well please. Keep me in line...thanks in advance.