Counting calories for 30day shred it

Options
How do you count the calories for 30 day shred it... Is there a set number or do i have to break it down in to so many exercises?

Replies

• springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I was counting it as circuit training, and using the calorie number MFP provided, until I got my heart rate monitor.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I had always logged it as circuit training....when I got an HRM I started using that, but the circuit training numbers were very similar. It is a good go-to if you don't have a monitor :)
  • Clarisse0304
    Clarisse0304 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Since each level is different and also varies according to your weigh, I use shapesense.com it will determine how many calories you burn according to your HR, so I take my pulse for 10 sec and multiply it by 6 and I do this 3 times to determine an average once I do that I enter my average HR on the website and calculates my calorie burned. To me that is more accurate so I don't cheat myself. Hope it helps
  • anothershipman
    anothershipman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0vou2Yzak1r6twmbo1_500.jpg

This gives you the exact measurements for calculating your calories burned.
    If you can't see the image, it's (your weight) X 503 divided by 154= Calories burned on level 1 in one hour
    If you divide that number by 3 you'll have the amount of calories you have burned in 20mins.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0vou2Yzak1r6twmbo1_500.jpg

This gives you the exact measurements for calculating your calories burned.
    If you can't see the image, it's (your weight) X 503 divided by 154= Calories burned on level 1 in one hour
    If you divide that number by 3 you'll have the amount of calories you have burned in 20mins.

That is actually pretty close to what MFP circuit training says...pretty good estimate! I don't always go by MFP for calorie counts, but this time they are pretty darn close. OH, and my HRM put me at about 20 calories more than that...but different fitness levels will alter what you burn too...

Really though...what matters is you are doing it!! I try to not get TOO hung up on how much I am burning as much as I am trying to focus on how LONG I am working out....but that is just me :)
  • huckabeebug
    huckabeebug Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!