New and looking for support buddies

Options
aw8899
aw8899 Posts: 13 Member
Hello all,

I am from Chicago and new-ish to the site. I started last week and have been keeping up with it since. I am looking for buddies near or far for mutual support and advice. This isn't easy and like going outside in the dark, it's best done in numbers.

-A

Replies

• Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I signed up years ago, but never used my act until today. I am just now making some friends and looking for more motivating people! Feel free to add me!! Nice meeting you! :)
  • tarapickett
    tarapickett Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Feel free to add me, both of you!
  • strawberry904
    Options
    i am also very new to this. its only been a week although my weight loss journey started in feb...ive lost 18 so far and would like to do more but im starting to do this whole weight loss thing outta habit and i soon as i got my tastebuds on junk food i had to SNAP back into doing although while i was doing right i actually didnt have a taste for it. i would like friends cuz mymotivation is going down hill...i lost 60lbs b4 but had a baby and gained it all back which make me feel even more guilty. pleaseee helpand ill do the same :D
  • de1de
    de1de Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I'm pretty new also. I started out on MFP a few months ago, but never really followed through. I'm starting again, and am feeling pretty motivated. I've got 70 lbs to lose, so I've got to be in this for the long haul. I've got some support of friends, but also know that no one is going to do this for me. I had tried Weight Watchers a few times, and did well for a short period of time. I got so tired of the cost, the meetings and the marketing of their treats and the like, though. Eat only one of those bars at a time? Are you kidding? Anyway, I'm finding that it's easier for me to do this. No meetings, lots to read which I find helpful. I've already learned a lot about using the calories which you earn by exercising. I tend to want to lose as much as I can as quickly as I can, but when I've done that in the past, I likely wasn't eating enough to make up for the calories I put out on top of already eating less. So, here we go again! Strength in numbers! I'd love to be your buddy.
  • bigdog360
    bigdog360 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new as well. Happy to have a newby as well.
  • Ginny_Hami
    Options
    Welcome aboard.....feel free to add me ;)
  • NancyNiles
    NancyNiles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for about 3 months now. So far so good. Feel free to add me :)
  • issyme
    issyme Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, you may add me as well. Good luck on your journey!
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add away! :)
  • goodmans90
    goodmans90 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me anyone! I am on here everyday, several times a day, checking on all of my friends. Great people!! We will get through this, and we will do it together. :flowerforyou:
  • RuthlessB
    RuthlessB Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    welcome!!!!!!!!
  • shatoora_amoora
    Options
    Good evening :) I'm Anna and I live in Massachusetts. I look forward to learning from people on here and motivating each other. I lost 35 pounds over the course of the year and kinda got stuck. I'm interested in learning about holistic medicine. I'm a great listener and love to help when I can. I look forward to achieving my goals in this great community.

Anna
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I <3 new friends!!!
  • Lisammy
    Lisammy Posts: 35
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • Jori33
    Jori33 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm from Chicago and I'm new to the site, too! I'd love to be support buddies with you.
  • mhohn103
    mhohn103 Posts: 3
    Options
    I just started not too long either. Welcome and feel free to add me as well
  • AHealthyMe1lbAtATime
    AHealthyMe1lbAtATime Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I added you! Anyone else that would like to is welcome to:)
  • katiekeene
    Options
    Hello, I just re - joined too, and am also looking for new friends, good luck with your weight loss journey.
  • imaheal
    imaheal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi! I joined January 30th. I"ve lost 23 1/2 lbs. This program (MFP) has really been a help. I"ve never cheated on my diet. If I eat over 1200 calories, I will do a couple of hours work in the yard and burn off over 600 calories! If I do go over, it's just a little. I really do enjoy this and look forward to hearing from you. Hearing that you're doing great! So welcome :):smile:
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.