Jillian michaels 6 week abs

Options
Would u put that as circuit training? Or just intense aerobic workout ??

Replies

• Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I would do circuit training. How do you like 6 week abs?
  • Danee2029
    Options
    Today was my first day but I love it. I can already tell my abs up top are stronger. Sounds silly I know but it's true. It's very difficult tho
  • fuzzybear123
    fuzzybear123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love the 6week abs.. I have been doing it at the same time as 30ds for about 3 months... huge difference in my stomach.. love handles almost gone..
  • Hood25
    Options
    Wow fuzzybear that sounds so encouraging. So you are doing 30DS and the abs? Do you do any other cardio? I'm currently doing 30DS with cardio afterwards. I plan on doing her abs after I'm finished with 30DS
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    What do you all think of Ripped in 30 compared to 30 DS?
  • Hood25
    Options
    Well I began RI30 before 30DS because it was my first time doing a video and i didn't know anything about Jillian's videos. I am currently doing 30DS so this is what I think so far about the two.

RI30 has 4 different levels which I liked because you moved on every week. It had some very complex moves and I had to modify quite a few...well most of the moves! I had great results and lost a lot of inches. All in all I liked it. It wore me out. I did cardio in addition to the video every time.

30DS I thought would be easier and not as challenging because I had read it is more of a beginner video. I did it to give myself a rest from the hard workout of RI30. The first level was challenging but easier on my joints. I was ok with that because I had worked so hard with Ripped. The key thing though is Jillian does not let you rest so my heart rate stayed up. Level 2 and 3 are very challenging and I burn more calories than in RI30. Level 2 is challenging but not super crazy moves. Level 3 has a few more complex moves but not too bad and it is brutal. I like this video as well! I can feel it sculpting me. I like the girls in 30ds better too. not sure why but I do.

I hear of a lot of people being disappointed doing ripped after 30DS but I do think 30DS is a tad bit easier and should be done first because of that but I had such a good experience going from tougher to just tough. does that make sense? They are both awesome but if I had to choose one to do over again I would do 30DS.

I am really looking forward to her ab video because I feel like my body is ready for it. I am going on vacation soon so it is perfect timing. If I had another month before vacation I would probably do her leg or kettle ball workout then the abs one but I don't. So I will venture into those after vacation. I know this is long winded but I hope it helps! Jensan37 are you doing either of them?