I'm not on a Diet, I'm on a Lifestyle Change!

Options
Hey Ya'll! I've been a member on My fitness Pal for a week now and I love it! Recording my food and exeercise is such an eye opener and the support and friends are GREAT!!!! If anyone needs any new friends, motivation, or support.... Feel free to ADD me! :)

Replies

• BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Will do!!
  • Benson19
    Benson19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA my husband always says "This is a lifestyle!" whenever it comes to his working out and nutrition. LOVE your shirt by the way great message.
  • cinnamonmc33
    Options
    Thinking about splurging and getting the Zumba CDs or PX90 CDs.......Anyone know which is better for a person who is just starting to lose weight by excising for the first time. I am very active though, especially for my size.
  • JustdoitJess
    JustdoitJess Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ZUmba...I cant say much about p90x but i know zumba is great and i never dont feel like doing it... It's fun :)
  • ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    P90X is hardcore. Not trying to scare you away from it, but there is a fitness test you're supposed to do before beginning the program and if you don't score within a certain range then "they" advise you not to do it. I have both the P90 and the P90X. I haven't started either one yet, but I am going to do the P90 first since I've been a couch potato for the last 10 years.

And I started my lifestyle change 2 weeks ago! I feel great!
  • rghelardi
    rghelardi Posts: 10
    Options
    I've heard that the P90X is very hard. I love Zumba, it's fun and motivating with the music. So I would go with Zumba.
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Your title is basically what I've told people. Every assumed I was on a "diet" and would ask what diet or what can't I eat. I would have to explain that this is a life style change and that I can whatever I want - the key is moderation and adding some exercising more.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    you got it right. it has to be a lifestyle change for it to work, and last. thanks for the post
  • allycat5723
    allycat5723 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    P90X is not made for beginners. I suggest trying Zumba out for a while, then progressing into P90x. I absolutely love Zumba-it's lots of fun and usually doesn't feel like a workout to me. P90X tends to make me say bad words haha.
  • syncynlyn
    syncynlyn Posts: 39
    Options
    Exactly! This is a lifestyle change and it feels fantastic!
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You are so right! I believe that when people hear the word "diet", they automatically hear, see, and believe something negative. It becomes all about the number! A life style change becomes about YOU! I tell people I could care less what the scale says (although I will continue to weigh myself once a month...lol), it is about how I feel. If I feel good and am able to do the things I want to do without struggling, then the number doesn't matter! Way to go and good luck to you!
  • JustdoitJess
    JustdoitJess Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am trying my BEST not to focus on the scale( even though i do still weigh myself) But looking at this as a lifestlye change instead of a diet has already made such a big improvement on my goals!!! I'm staying POSITIVE!!! :)
  • Julibug86
    Julibug86 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Also on a lifestyle change! Love the positive attitude! Added and hoping to find some supporters as well. :glasses:
  • Ana_Daisy53
    Options
    Hi! I am also New here. Today is DAY 2 of my LIFESTYLE CHANGE and i feel great! :) I am glad to be feeling positive and i look forward to meeting my goals. I am looking for a good positive support system to help me through this change and new friends. :)

Good luck everyone!

Feel free to add me!