Bananas

Options
pavang82
pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
How many bananas do you guys eat a day? I eat 2 banannas a day. Is this too much?

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I love bananas, and they're so good for you. I posted a link a while back about all of the reported benefits of bananas. 1 or 2 a day will not limit your weight loss. That's what I've been eating.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I will say it depends on how sensitive your body is to sugar, yes, even natural sugar..............

If I eat a whole banana, my weight loss will stop for a week or so...............
  • kristen5286
    kristen5286 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic :(
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

My brother is too.............when he eats bananas, his throat swells shut and he has a hard time breathing.

He used to eat them anyway as a kid because he liked them so much - when my mom found out he was still eating them, she never bought them again. :sad: :sad: :sad: I love bananas, but my body can't tolerate them.
  • katie517
    Options

Me too! And it ticks me off! I developed the allergy just a few years ago. I miss them (and kiwi) so much! My husband eats them because they are so good for you and he hates them.
  • kristen5286
    kristen5286 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I developed the allergy in May of 08 when I was first pregnant with my son. In July 08 I became allergic to watermelon... and 3 years ago I became allergic to ... wait for it.. its a sad one... avocados! That was a tough one.. so.. fruits are slowing being marked off my list of things I can eat.. *tear*
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

My hubby is too!! He's allergic to apples and bananas... crazy!!!

I think bananas are the perfect pre or post-workout food. I eat one a day, usually in the morning before I work out. My 8yo eats 2 a day. They are higher in sugar for a fruit, but still good for you.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

My hubby is too!! He's allergic to apples and bananas... crazy!!!

I think bananas are the perfect pre or post-workout food. I eat one a day, usually in the morning before I work out. My 8yo eats 2 a day. They are higher in sugar for a fruit, but still good for you.

I would be lost without them. Especially with peanutbutter!! 2 should be fine, just don't eat them later in the day/ eve.
  • marathongirly
    marathongirly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Basically I eat at least one a day....pretty much the fuel I have before my cardio workout...seems to be the perfect food for my workout....I don't crash..If I wake up in the middle of the night with hunger pains then I go have 1/2 bananna then....seems to work. Hope that helps!
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    I will say it depends on how sensitive your body is to sugar, yes, even natural sugar..............

If I eat a whole banana, my weight loss will stop for a week or so...............

Wow, I can't imagine. I've eaten them right along, and my weight loss is steady.
  • ktrichards87
    Options
    Oh I love banannas! I need to go buy some more though, thanks for reminding me. I'm going grocery shoppoing tonight!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I think I am allergis too. When I eat them my ears and throat start to itch. The same thing happens when I eat carrots too:cry: . This sucks soo bad because I love them both
  • BrendaLee
    Options
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Bananas!