Jillian Michaels extreme shed and shred

Options
Italian_mom
Italian_mom Posts: 192 Member
Has anyone tried out Jillian Michaels extreme shed and shred? I have a few other dvds from her and thought I would give this one a try.

Replies

• dellashanks
    dellashanks Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It's amazing if you can do it! LOL I am so out of shape. That being said... I can walk 5-10 miles a day but this is hard stuff. I love it tho. However, I am taking it slow. I can't always finish the dvd and I may take 30 days just to complete level 1 but I am determined to finish it. It is a great dvd even if I do call her all sorts of unmentionable words while doing. I say give it a go!!!!
  • Italian_mom
    Options
    Thanks for the input, going to try it out starting Monday!
  • MrsMrtz
    MrsMrtz Posts: 73
    Options
    so the workout is for 30 days?
  • WenonaY
    WenonaY Posts: 203
    Options
    I just bought her 30 day shred and will start monday. Good luck with yours.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I've heard that it's quite hard and mostly squats and lunges. I haven't done it myself though, that's just what my coworker was saying. :)
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've heard that it's quite hard and mostly squats and lunges. I haven't done it myself though, that's just what my coworker was saying. :)

Although there are some squats and lunges it is not the bulk of the exercise mix. In addition to some expanded exercises from previous DVD's it incorporates a little more shadow boxing, some kick boxing, Brazilian martial arts and is supposed to be a long high intensity workout.

It can be as difficult as you want it to be. I would not recommend anyone jump to Extreme Shed and Shred if you haven't at least done one of her other videos.

I've done 30DS, RI30D and 6W6P and this seems a bit more intense. I'd say go for it!
  • ivetteo21
    ivetteo21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Today was my second day of 30 Day Shred.. omg.. super sore.. but it's an awesome feeling after you do it. Don't give up!
  • mnmss2930
    mnmss2930 Posts: 55
    Options
    I just tried it for the first time today and I could not believe how simple it looked. Yes, I am one of those type of people that have to watch it first to see if I can give it a try. I will be the first to admit I thought "that doesn't look too bad"...until I tried it. I was not able to do everything, but am looking forward through the next workout. Good luck to you!
  • Italian_mom
    Options
    I tried it out and I think I like it, there is alot of different stuff mixed together. At first I didn't think I was sweating much, but after the hour workout, I was wore out! I have been doing bob harpers ultimate cardio, so this was kind of the same pace, it is definitely a dvd that I will work in with my other dvds to mix things up. Oh and there is a workout 1 and workout 2, you can either do them separately which is about 30 minutes or you can choose to do them all at once. It also comes with a 30 day online meal plan, but I have not looked into it.
  • mnmss2930
    mnmss2930 Posts: 55
    Options
    Is this something that can be done every day or every other day?
  • Italian_mom
    Options
    Today was my second day of 30 Day Shred.. omg.. super sore.. but it's an awesome feeling after you do it. Don't give up!

I really liked the 30 day shred! Keep up the good work!!
  • Gulzilly
    Gulzilly Posts: 244 Member
    Options

Per the DVD manual-one is to do the DVD everyday for 30 straight days. 10 days on each level(3 levels).
    In addition, one is to add cardio on top every other day to doing the Shred DVD.
  • Italian_mom
    Options
    I think I read something on there to do it 5 to 6 times a week, but I think every other day would be fine, probably depends how you feel. I am one to try and workout 5-6 times a week so, if you can do it and have the time, I say go for it!!
  • Italian_mom
    Options
    so the workout is for 30 days?

This dvd says to do 5-6 times a week.
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I did shed and shred- on and off. I liked the workout because I burned a lot of calories, but I thought the form was all off and wasn't too big of a fan. I love JM and her videos, but this one was not set up as well as the others. I completed 30 day shred and loved it.

This one I just use when I have extra time and need to burn. Maybe one day I will finish the whole thing. :)
  • SDahlmer
    SDahlmer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you burn doing these workouts, I want to log it but not nothing I can find tells you.
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I log it as general circuit training. It seems to be pretty close to what the heart rate monitor says I burned.
  • kaydow
    Options
    I like the dvd, but I tend to get angry with her sometimes, and cussing her out doesn't make me feel better when doing strenuous activity:p
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I have shed and shred but I haven't done it yet, I might do it after I can get through Ripped in 30 and 30 Day shred, it looks interesting but very long and when I add in 1 hr of working out on my Elliptical it ends up being 2 hours of working out.
  • banks89202
    Options
    I did the shred and lost 15 inches all over and now I am more than halfway with ripped in 30, I love it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!