47 Calorie Chai Tea Latte!

Options
Best recipe ever: Almond milk chai tea latte.... 47 calories.

Steep two chai tea bags (0 cals) in 1/2 cup water for 5 minutes... blend 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (35 cals), a dash of cinnamon, 3 packs of Truvia/Stevia (0 cals), and a tsp. of vanilla extract (12 cals) for 2-3 minutes.... now boil that mixture for AT MOST 3-4 minutes... take out tea bags, combine the steeped tea and milk mix.... AMAZING.

Replies

• OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! Thanks!!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I love Chai Latte. I dont know if I love it enough to go throught the work though lol
  • kristina815
    Options
    Haha! It really only takes about 10 minutes!
  • rehtaeh78
    rehtaeh78 Posts: 90
    Options
    I love Starbucks Chai tea but haven't tried to make a healthier version at home. I'm going to try this!!!!
  • rbottom12
    rbottom12 Posts: 27
    Options
    Sounds delish gonna have to try it this weekend when there is time in the morning.
  • Its_My_Time
    Its_My_Time Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    YUM! Thanks for sharing! I've been looking to try something different than my plain old black coffee, lol
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • spazzyshorty
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • cagletb
    cagletb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I love Chai; nearly fell over when I saw how much calories is in a standard restaurant Chai!!

Thanks for this! I having been making it with half a cup of microwaved skim milk and adding that to tea made with a Chai teabag; but this sounds much nicer :smile:
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I just made this. Thank you thank you thank you!! So yummy in my tummy! :D
  • britneyy32
    britneyy32 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I will definitely have to try this! I love the Chai lattes at Starbucks.. but they have too much sugar.
  • Infauna
    Options
    I love chai tea! I'm definitely going to try this sometime.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'll end up having a slightly higher calorie count because I use cane sugar, not Truvia/Stevia... but still a tasty treat :) Thanks!
  • KathyRed07
    Options
    I have never had a Chai tea latte - but actually was asking someone yesterday to try and describe what it tastes like - as I am just a plain ol` Lipton tea drinker - but mostly a coffee drinker. I have only ordered Coffee Lattes at starbucks.

I am going to have to go out and get some Chai tea and try this recipe! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • JustAGirlyGeek
    JustAGirlyGeek Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later.
  • katiegrl6
    Options
    I loove Chai tea. One of my best friends is from India and her mother makes it for us in the mornings. Since we've stopped working together and I moved away I can't find anything comparable. I have recently started looking for a recipe and I ran across this. THANK YOU!

PS >> I am new to MFP and need friends, if anyone is interested, my goals are as follows:

SW: 157
    CW: 150
    GW: 127

Height 5' 3"

I usually eat between meals and choose high-sugar, high-carb foods. I am trying SO hard to make consistently good choices and not loose patience with myself.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome!!
    1258936 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    wow that sounds awesome. gotta try this thanks :drinker: