Looking for Friends on Thyroid Meds.

Options
I am 25 and I take levythyroxine and looking to add new friends in the weight loss challenge.

Replies

• JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Been on it my entire life and have had the weight battle the entire time too....how long have you been hypothyroid?
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!! I my name is Brooke, I am 32 and found out I had a thyroid problem after the birth of my son. He is 5 now and I am pregnant again!! I am on .88 of Levothyroxine!!! Still feel like I have no energy but it is worse since I am preg!!!
  • tnmomof3
    tnmomof3 Posts: 177
    Options
    Ive been on thyroid meds for a few years now
  • nicosland
    nicosland Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I've been on synthroid for about 23 years, I'm 33 now. Feel free to add me.
  • mrcreach
    mrcreach Posts: 5
    Options
    I take 75 mg and have for two years now. My twin sister takes 88 mg she's been taking it longer than I have,
  • lizzie1130
    Options
    I have been on 50 mcg of synthroid for about two years. It seams like ever since I've started taking I've been gaining weight like crazy (that's why I'm here :( I thought it would help me lose weight not gain.
  • nancyron2
    Options
    I am 57 and have been on 125 mcg levothyroxine since 2009. I had a complete thyroidectomy due to thyroid cancer. I want to lose 20 lbs. I just started myfitness pal this week. My son-in-law has been using it and loves the iPhone app so he can scan food UPC codes.
  • gorgeousblueiis
    gorgeousblueiis Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm Kimberly and I have been taking synthroid since 1988. I am now taking .175.
  • FloreceN
    FloreceN Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have been on Armor Throid for about 2 yrs. I can hardly get going in the morning with out it. I have lost 20 lbs., but have a long way to go to my goal. I am also looling for some friends to support me also.
  • cgafriday
    cgafriday Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been on levoxyl since 2002 - I didn't have thyroid problems but had thyroid cancer. I've been cancer free for 10 years now and I've been losing weight ever since. The years I had to go off the meds for 6 weeks for a body scan I would gain 10 to 15 lbs. I'm down about 100 lbs. now but still have at least 40 to go. As long as I stay fairly level with the meds, I don't seem to have an issue with not having a thyroid.
  • RomanticHeroine
    Options
    I'm on thyroid meds after two subtotal thyroidectomies. They found cancer in the pathology after the first surgery, and took the rest out. I'm feeling fine. Add me as a friend if you want.
  • cjaaron
    cjaaron Posts: 20
    Options
    I've been on thyroid meds 10+ years. Weight is becoming a huge problem LOL! I hate/love BMI that is putting me not just at obese but Obese 2. I am looking for other thyroid friends. I'm on the bubble for Type 2 Diabetes and need to get weight and sugar under control NOW! Oh and latest blood test indicate high'ish TSH (5.99) with T4 in normal range (1.10).
  • superdonna
    superdonna Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have been taking Synthroid for about 5 years now. I recently just had to up it to 88. I thought it was supposed to help with weight loss...but after reading some of these posts I am not so sure. eek!
  • cjaaron
    cjaaron Posts: 20
    Options
    +20 years with Hypothroid. When levels are incorrect I gain 1-2 pounds a week but never seem to loose them. I'm hoping I can exercise and diet to better health lower blood pressure and lower sugar levels before additional meds become necessary.
  • mischief1on1
    Options
    Sound like me. Have had weight issues all my life. Been on thyroid meds for almost 10 years. Up to 150 now. Feel free to add me :)
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Im 26 and have been taking Levothyroxine for a few months now.
  • rdur
    rdur Posts: 1
    Options
    On levothyroxine for 27 years. Using the Carbohydrate Specific Diet and losing weight. Would love to find a way to get off meds, safely!
  • nicosland
    nicosland Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My doctor tried taking me off synthoid when I was in my teens but it went out of whack again and I had to go back on them. I'm. On 200mgs now and just found out that it is low once again. Getting more bloodworm next week to recheck and then a possible dose increase may occur.