Cottage Cheese Variations

Options
So...I plan to majorly clean up my diet this week. I do have to wait to get paid before I can hit up the grocery store though... What I do have is a large container of cottage cheese and I have some chocolate protein powder, has anyone ever mixed those for a meal such as breakfast and how did it taste? Also what are some other cottage cheese combos that others have tried besides fruit? I am also open to any suggestions for inexpensive meals/ snacks because I am making my list. I normally buy frozen meals and soups but I'm getting a little tired of those and they really add up $$$. I gained over the holidays and now I feel like I'm starting fresh with my original 35 lbs lost. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• cheskax
    cheskax Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    MMM i love cottage cheese! Esp with Pineapples. Try mixing it in with a can of tuna instead of mayo. Delicious!
  • Karenh1966
    Options
    Mix cottage cheese with cinnamon and sweetener. Good on toast. A little jam is good. Also, i like it with chopped tomatoes and cakes.
  • akshayam29
    Options
    cottage cheese and strawberries.....
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions so far! I will definately try it with both the cinnamon and the tuna (not together)...I already love it with fruit, just needed some new ideas.
  • kmcmen
    kmcmen Posts: 12
    Options
    I also am a cottage cheese lover. Try cottage cheese in the middle of a large ripe tomatoe. YUM!!!!
  • farahnaz90
    Options
    ok so i use it a bit differently, cut small pieces of tomatoes, onions. add sunflower seeds, ground pepper and lemon. Perfectt!! have that with diet rustic toast and let me know.
    snacks that are easy and not expensive. POPCORN. not even the microwave ones, just get the corn itself on the oven for ten minutes, take care not to burn it, you could add a bit of olive oil to avoid that. add spices after.