Sugary Snacks are Killin' me >.<

Options
I am keeping track on my meals here on MFP, and I am pretty much where or slightly under where I should be....except for sugar. Sugar is vital for me to control, I have a pretty bad sweet tooth >.>
Are there any snacks that I could eat that would tame the tooth as well as keep the grams of sugar ingested down?

268598.png

Replies

• lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    :tongue: fruit
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    fruit fruit fruit!! It's really the only sugar that your body can digest properly and it's loaded with fiber too!! :happy:
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    I'm not sure what your eating in terms of sugary snacks like cookies or what? but...you could try to start replacing them with better choices like fruit, yogurt or Luna bars instead.

I was a total cookieholic :tongue: before and gained so much from sweets. That's why I'm here. but slowly it comes off by cutting out the cookies, candy, chips, fries & of course wine. I have more feel better & don't have the cravings of never being satisfied eating those bad things. You'll do great.
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I agree...definately fruit!!!! Although I did eat a couple oatmeal raisin cookies last night for a snack that my brother in law made....they were good!!! He said they are made with brown sugar, honey, and wheat flour, along with the oatmeal.....40 calories per cookie!! That was my slurge this week!:wink:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    my experience has been that the longer I stay totally away from sugary snacks, the less interested I am in sugar as a choice.

consider abstaining from sugar and getting your calories from protein, veggies, fruits, and grains.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • englanddg
    Options
    Playing around with splenda (brownies are always fun) ...but outside of an addiction to sodas...I can't say I have that problem.

My mother lost quite a bit of weight using a lot of the Atkins brand snacks to feed her chocolate tooth. I've had quite a few...not bad, but since they are natural diuretics...well...don't eat a bunch. Hehe