I would like to see if anyone is in the same boat as me?

Options
Hey! I'm Megan. I'm new to this site and considering buying Jillian's 30 day shred. I would like to see if anyone else is in a similar physical condition as me. I'm not extremely over weight, I just would like to lose my love handles and tone up a bit. I would love to get to be fit through better nutrition and committing to this program. I'm 5'5 and approximately 150-165 pounds (I'm going to weigh myself in the morning for my starting weight) I would like to see someone who was is similar shape as I am now before and after pictures. :)

Replies

• Paula900987x
    Options
    Hey :) i am kind of in the same boat lol im not overweight but i just want to tone up a bit. :) x
  • afewextra
    afewextra Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks for responding! I was just curious, most of the results and encouraging things I have seen are either super skinny people or people that are very overweight or leaning on obese
  • cmckenzie2
    Options
    Hi I'm in the same boat, 5' 6" and 154lb, wanting to lost the love handles and get lose a few pounds as well!

I've just done day 1 of the 30 Day Shred and it was a lot of fun!
  • egee15
    egee15 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi! I'm in a similar boat, I want to work on the whole love handles areas and I have the 30 day shred, only I'm going to alternate it a bit with Nadia's fat to flab and Davina, just to keep a bit of variety. I'm excited to see if it's going to pay off.
  • afewextra
    Options
    I'm hoping to get some results out of this 30 day shred. Honestly I am kind of a lazy person. I am pretty good at watching what I eat but my laziness is what I think prevents me from being in shape. I'm hoping her videos will help get me out of that. I am also in the process of being an ex-smoker. Exercise is what has helped me stop completely for 6 months in the past. I REALLY want to quit this time!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I am not that size now because i gained from kids, but if you want I can find old pictures of me from a couple years ago when I started in 2008 at 164 and worked to the 140s and I looked nice :] I'm 5'4" I was working out at the gym..I have other pictures where I started around 160s and I ended up in the 140s later in 2010 too from walking and eating less only!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    This is me in the 160s..2008 prom is the first one prom08.jpg
    me1before08.jpg
    150s in 2009 150smeafterishpic.jpg
    These are me about 140..2009..
    meafter110.jpg
    Meeee.jpg
    It may not be drastic, but my face was more defined
    thinfacepic1.jpg
    I was also thinner than I look in the third to last picture in the black because I had a second shirt you can't see because it blended in the picture, but it is only down to the ribs and ties in the front, so it made my waist look bigger than it was. lol I wish I had better pictures, but in person the change of 20lbs was crazy honestly and I especially noticed in my legs that they were more tone.
  • mrs_kurz
    mrs_kurz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm kind of similar.

I started my weight loss journey at 176lbs, i'm now 145 but i'm 5' 5.5". I'm doing the 30 Day Shred, about to start level 2. I'd definitely reccommend it!
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bhavikab
    bhavikab Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey,
    I am kind of similar.I started doing the 30 day shred but got bored of it after week 2 as it was the same workout everyday.
    Did loose 2 pounds though.

I am currently doing turbo fire and its better for me personally as I like the variety and the kicks :)

best of luck.
  • kb_CG_wife
    kb_CG_wife Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and current 139. It seems like a low number, I know, but I have a serious muffin top and saddle bags. I work out to Jillian Michaels normally. I have the kettlebell workouts, the yoga meltdown, extreme shed and shred, and I used to have the 30 day shred, but I lent it to someone at my old gym, then we moved. I do plan on getting it again because I see serious results on a lot of people.
  • afewextra
    Options
    thanks! it's good to know "average" size people are getting results out of it, I have seen very few results of anyone that is not super skinny or obese.:D
  • KimmyJ30
    KimmyJ30 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi...i did the 30 day shred and i definetly toned out. I was able to notice a difference in my hip area and around my waist. I still have some love handles and lower back fat that i need to tone up as well. I just started doing her Body Revolution videos and i love them too, maybe after the shred try them out!! Feel free to add me if you'd like! Good luck on your journey:)