Eating more, exercising less

Options
Zoe2901
Zoe2901 Posts: 73 Member
I hit a brick wall a couple of weeks ago and couldnt move past 210 even though i was eating 1200 a day and eating back my exercise calories from doing 30 day shred.
So i decided to take a couple of weeks off, ive eaten whatever i wanted probably netting over 2000 cals a day and the only exercise ive been doing is lifting weights no cardio at all.

Well i weighed this morning and ive lost 2 lbs and 7 inches from all over my body!! I cant believe it, ive decided to start logging again now and ill carry on with the weights but it just proves that starbing yourself is no good.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Congrats. There are a bunch of us that push this a lot. Food is fuel and if your body does get enough it will conserve.
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I was trying the 1200 calorie option when I first started, and I was so hungry all the time. I bumped it up after a few weeks and felt better for it.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I started here a year and a half ago on a low calorie number, and was running, training for a half marathon. The weight fell off, but as fall came and I had to move it indoors, I began weight training.. I began adding muscle like crazy, and was absolutely *driven* by my body to eat more. I am still in the same size clothes as I was at my lowest weight, but have gained 10 pounds since then.. all of it metabolically hungry muscle. My new *maintenance* is up over 2000 now, and I have always eaten my exercise cals back, so some days I'm pushing 3000 cals! It's wonderful.
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    When I signed up they gave me 1300 or something like that I can't remember. i didn't feel like it was enough so I started at 2000 calories a day. I have lost 16.5 pounds since march I'm losing about 2 pounds a week and I eat my exercise calories.
  • vakaranshah786
    vakaranshah786 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    You gotta love the concept of Fueling your body to workout... I have been doing heavy lifting the last couple weeks to change things up in the gym and just love how the body responds. My BMR is 2300 a day but I avg. 3200-3400 (eating back exercise calories) but the last week I have been avg. 3500 and the day before yesterday ate 4100 and over 400 grams of carbs and drank 160 oz. of water. (Mind you this is with my 500 calorie deficit built in to lose a pound a week). I was so sore when I woke up yesterday (well still am lol) I decided to jump on the scale and see how much water my body was retaining for muscle repair. I was up 5.6 lbs. from this weeks weigh in....lol (This is where the whole being comfortable with the scale thing comes into play and now going by how I feel and the way my clothes fit) So the old me might of freaked out and at 80 calorie soup all day thinking that would offset my gain but what did I do...... my normal exercise, ate 3200 calories, drank 120oz. of water and stepped on the scale this morning and am back to my weigh in weight of 254.... Love it.....
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this! I did 1200 cals for about four months, and I felt hungry way too often. I recently bumped it up. Only a little. Just to 1360, but I already feel better. I kind of feel myself getting more hungry again though. But it's nice seeing people telling you it's okay. So many people thinking bumping up your calories is crazy. Maybe it is. I don't know, but I try to eat healthy foods for the most part, and I don't have cheat days. I just want to actually be able to do this. And on 1200 I didn't feel like I could.
  • Zoe2901
    Zoe2901 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone it is a bit like a lightbulb switching on moment, it also explains why i could fit into a pair of size 16 jeans the weekend, i just thought they were a big 16 but they probably are a standard 16 and the extra inches made a difference.
    And ed your weightloss is amazing you are a true inspiration
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Good for you - this week I went up from 1240 to 1650 a day and I am so nervous but even if it does not work, it is good to take a break from eating so low. I will see where I am in a month!
  • Sweetncgal78
    Sweetncgal78 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • maggiepz
    maggiepz Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I was losing more the beginning of last week after being "bad" then went down to 1200 calories the rest of the week and the scale stopped moving down. I decided to increase to 1300-1400 yesterday but ended up eating 1920 calories 41g carbs, 139 fat, 111 protein. This morning I'd lost a pound!
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!