Hello, new from the UK here :)

Options
Hi, Ive been a lurker for a while on MFP and have decided that now i actually need to use the tools and would be good to have friends to help and motivate me:)

Im not new to the gym but have never took it seriously till now, I have a new training plan at the gym that i just started (love that aching feeling the next day :)) and I'm trying to keep to 1500 calories a day but will eat about 200 - 300 more on workout days, i hope I wont have to drop lower than this as i hate being hungry :)

So....... Last night i took my measurements and before pics, i nearly cried at my pics :sad: for some reason, in my mind i thought i looked a lot thinner, reason being we have no full length mirrors in the house only small ones, so this has really given me a kick up the bum that I need to get serious about changing my body shape:)

Nice to meet you all :) xxx

Replies

• marcy_76
    marcy_76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you, MissE. I haven't officially done any of my measurements (too afraid, I think). This is my first time being on a site like this or a journey as this one.

It was nice to meet you too.

darnoc
  • Miss_E_
    Miss_E_ Posts: 45
    Options
    Hey Darnoc, I'm very similar to you, I'm now 30 but I always use to be skinny, could eat what i wanted, then i had my son at age 20 and my metabolism changed completely, I currently weigh 158 pounds, which also doesn't seem like much to people, especially as I'm 5 8" but i carry a lot of weight and I'm assuming fat round my stomach and i look a lot heavier than i am, food wise Im quite good on days at the gym, its days like today which is my rest day that i just want to raid the cupboard!

Nice to meet you to xxx
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    hi, im same as u, i have been going to the gym previously, yet not pushing myself, i startd a week ago, feel fitter already...get on it girl ;-)) im from uk too, wales. i will add ya.x
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK too if you want to add me you're more than welcome :)
  • alicepoppyh
    Options
    Hey, not-too-new from Ireland!
    This is my first attempt to get in shape, and it followed after a moment like that when I saw how big I really was, and cried... A LOT! And then realised crying was the least constructive thing I could be doing. So I decided to do something about it! The tools, forums and having friends on here is what keeps me going so hopefully taking the plunge will strengthen you!

Feel free to add me, it would be nice to have friends in the same time zone!
  • Miss_E_
    Miss_E_ Posts: 45
    Options
    Ohhhh, hey everyone, didn't think anyone would even respond lol, well todays my rest day and i hate it, I'm sitting here trying not to raid the cupboards, would much rather be lifting weights and doing cardio at the gym, oh, and the weather is sooooooo bad today here in the UK, rain, rain, rain :(
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Im in Ireland, feel free to add me :-)
  • alicepoppyh
    Options
    Hi littlebuddy84 would you mind if I added you too?
  • alicepoppyh
    Options
    oh, and the weather is sooooooo bad today here in the UK, rain, rain, rain :(

Tell me about it! We have severe weather and flood warnings here in Dublin. We're just staying in the house today and hoping our garden and little baby veggies aren't destroyed :(
  • GurvD
    GurvD Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am from Nottingham. I have been lurking as well till now. Counting my calories has helped me get into the best shape ever. I have one friend so far so I will accept all offers. Add me if you wish.